Clip with Geno talking about Azzi’s knee | The Boneyard

Clip with Geno talking about Azzi’s knee

Reaction Score
Azzi and I are both snake bitten..........the upcoming Seton Hall will be the fourth UConn game we will have attended since Azzi came to UConn and we have yet to watch her play due to injury...........I can live with it as long as she's back in the line up soon......:rolleyes:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Way back in the day, players with injuries wore heavy knee braces, usually containing metal rods. Cleary, they don't wear them any more. But it seems to me Azzi needs a sturdier knee brace. Yes, I know I'm not a doctor, but I am a former athlete who suffered his share of knee injuries. I wonder what kind of knee protection Azzi is wearing, other than just padding.

Reaction Score
So
Azzi just can't catch a break.

And I'm sorry but I don't think Geno looks good at all. He looks absolutely exhausted.
I felt the same about Geno when I watched the post game show and wondered if others felt the same way

Reaction Score

Fudd injured in UConn win, but 'it didn't sound serious at all'

HARTFORD, Conn. -- UConn women's basketball leading scorer Azzi Fudd was injured in the No. 4 Huskies' 65-50 victory over Georgetown on Sunday.

Fudd went down in the first half, appearing to reinjure her right knee. She was playing in just her second game back after missing the previous eight after hurting the same knee in December, and she was a topic of conversation in the postgame media availability.

"She just tweaked something and they got some ice on it," UConn coach Geno Auriemma told SNY after the game. "It didn't sound serious at all."

Reaction Score
Way back in the day, players with injuries wore heavy knee braces, usually containing metal rods. Cleary, they don't wear them any more. But it seems to me Azzi needs a sturdier knee brace. Yes, I know I'm not a doctor, but I am a former athlete who suffered his share of knee injuries. I wonder what kind of knee protection Azzi is wearing, other than just padding.
Yeah, those heavy knee braces with rods in them were dangerous to opposing players. Those braces have no place on a basketball court.

Reaction Score
Azzi and I are both snake bitten..........the upcoming Seton Hall will be the fourth UConn game we will have attended since Azzi came to UConn and we have yet to watch her play due to injury...........I can live with it as long as she's back in the line up soon......:rolleyes:
That's better than us. To our great dismay, we saw Shea tear her ACL three times.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think I would ever see anything remotely like what your program went thru last year….enter this year. And for somebody that doesn’t see Geno often, he doesn’t look good.

Reaction Score
Something or someone really does not want UCONN to succeed this year. It's like a curse has been put on the players, the more successful players catching the worst injuries. I am not superstitious ,but , It creeps into the realm of possibility and that's even scarier. I rely on faith that UCONN will survive anything thrown at them and will complete their destiny to the NC. GO HUSKIES!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I didn’t think I would ever see anything remotely like what your program went thru last year….enter this year. And for somebody that doesn’t see Geno often, he doesn’t look good.
I think it’s the camera angle. He looks much better in the postgame presser

Here’s a short clip of the Geno we know

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. I wore one of those braces for a month while recovering from a knee injury one season. The metal hinge rods on either side of the brace kept my knee from buckling inward or outward.

It also kept me from hyper-extending it. Once I got used to wearing it, I didn’t hamper or retard my running or jumping. I wore it the last month of the season.

I agree with you. Azzi might benefit from that type of knee brace. That was over 50 years ago, but I didn’t have any further problems with my knee while I had that brace on during practice sessions or games.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Azzi just can't catch a break.

And I'm sorry but I don't think Geno looks good at all. He looks absolutely exhausted.
Yes he does. Exhausted and distracted, and rightfully so.

Reaction Score
That's better than us. To our great dismay, we saw Shea tear her ACL three times.
that's awful but on the bright side maybe the mental fortitude she must have developed has helped her become a successful coach.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here we go again!
I can't hear a word Geno says and NO CC to read!
OH FRUSTRATION!!!!

He said the doc's taking a look at it right now, explains that Azzi was going through the lane and bumped knees (tweaked it) with another player. Also that they'll know more when they look at it, and it's par for the course.

Reaction Score
He said the doc's taking a look at it right now, explains that Azzi was going through the lane and bumped knees (tweaked it) with another player. Also that they'll know more when they look at it, and it's par for the course.
It sure looked more like a bruise based on the contact with the other player.....her knee didn't appear to be stressed by being in an unnatural position.......fingers crossed it's only a day to day thing......:)

Reaction Score
The tv camera zoomed in on Azzi’s knee for a close up shot, and you could see a fairly large bruise on her knee.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It sure looked more like a bruise based on the contact with the other player.....her knee didn't appear to be stressed by being in an unnatural position.......fingers crossed it's only a day to day thing......:)
It looked to me that her knee buckled, something a good brace might have prevented.

Reaction Score
I had to use a brace for a while after I hyper-extended my knee. No metal, but a "flatten spring" run up both sides covered by elastic material. It kept everything in place for the time I used it. Maybe thats what she's got.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom