Clip of Ollie after Practice | The Boneyard

Clip of Ollie after Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
" We didn't have enough heart to go get the ball" .. I Wonder who that refers to :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The guy is a quote machine! What a great motivator, I 2nd you on that nomar...I don't think I have taken the escalator since I heard his first speech...haha...also haven't been near one so i guess that factors in a bit also :p

Reaction Score
Sounds great. The make up of the team sort of lead ya to believe in the old 3musketeers motto " all for one and one for all". This team can be exciting to watch but as ollie said they have to have heart, the rest can be fixed.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I want to run through a brick wall every time I hear him talk.

KA_online.jpg

Reaction Score
What the hell is that on Mr. Kool Aide guy's crotch/chin?
A gonad yin/yang?
And whose is in the pitcher?
Did he just tear off the Hawaiian Punch guy's gonads and is busting through the wall to show us all?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
"i play with some walk ons, swear to god"

thats a great line considering his faith vs most ppl lol

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As I watched those clips two thoughts came to my mind:

Imagine what Kevin could have done with Andre?

Imagine how much Kevin had to restrain himself when JC was out and George was in charge? I used to wonder what was going through his head all those times, when games were slipping away, guys weren't hustling, and George was essentially a cardboard cut-out. I couldn't understand how he could just sit there without getting in someone's face. But he knew his place and he knew his time would come. God bless him.

Reaction Score
As I watched those clips two thoughts came to my mind:

Imagine what Kevin could have done with Andre?

Imagine how much Kevin had to restrain himself when JC was out and George was in charge? I used to wonder what was going through his head all those times, when games were slipping away, guys weren't hustling, and George was essentially a cardboard cut-out. I couldn't understand how he could just sit there without getting in someone's face. But he knew his place and he knew his time would come. God bless him.
I thought the same thing last year-especially during that Louisville game. KO was very quiet and he had that look of consternation on his face. Ain't no way we're going to see that crap on the floor this year.

Reaction Score
Love what he says.....not saying I know what KO knows but I can't remember how many times I asked some bigs last year to "hit someone", always look for a body to move and box........his attitude on doing this every play or sit will be a wonderful thing......

I honestly believe this years team will be a better rebounding team than last years even with the lack of size at times........last years team did not work hard and "hit people and go to the ball" like KO is stressing........hard work, sacrifice, no heroes, everyone rebounds attitude is going to be fun to watch......

"Hit someone" and "10 toes in".................all good!:D

Reaction Score
Love what he says.....not saying I know what KO knows but I can't remember how many times I asked some bigs last year to "hit someone", always look for a body to move and box........his attitude on doing this every play or sit will be a wonderful thing......

I honestly believe this years team will be a better rebounding team than last years even with the lack of size at times........last years team did not work hard and "hit people and go to the ball" like KO is stressing........hard work, sacrifice, no heroes, everyone rebounds attitude is going to be fun to watch......

"Hit someone" and "10 toes in".................all good!:D

He certainly sounds up to the challenge of replacing a legendary coach. I'm really excited to see what he gets from this team.

U

UCONNfan1

I do wonder, tho, why he seemed to be so hard on the team - "I'll play with walk-ons I swear to god"... was he referring to the lack of effort from the team last year? Maybe I misunderstood him a little bit. I just wondered why he'd be saying that so early in the season, unless maybe it was a shot at the kids from last season who left...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think that he knows that he needs to show everyone that he can be tough when needed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I do wonder, tho, why he seemed to be so hard on the team - "I'll play with walk-ons I swear to god"... was he referring to the lack of effort from the team last year? Maybe I misunderstood him a little bit. I just wondered why he'd be saying that so early in the season, unless maybe it was a shot at the kids from last season who left...
My take is that he wants to make clear that lack of effort is something he won't tolerate, period. Which reinforces my belief that he held his tongue a lot last year.

I could be mistaken, but Kevin is the first one I recall JC calling his "Floor General." More than any other player, I think he embodies JC's bedrock principles of defense and effort. He lives those principles and expects his players to do the same. With our obvious front court weakness this year, hustle is the only real chance we have of being competitive. I just think he wants them to know that there's a new sheriff in town, and he's going to be on their asses non-stop to push them to give their all. We all saw what happened last year, and it was inexcusable for Connecticut basketball on many levels imo. I'm glad that his first mission is to put an end to any notion that that will be tolerated as long as he is here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My take is that he wants to make clear that lack of effort is something he won't tolerate, period. Which reinforces my belief that he held his tongue a lot last year.

Yep, and I believe him.

Reaction Score

I could be mistaken, but Kevin is the first one I recall JC calling his "Floor General." More than any other player, I think he embodies JC's bedrock principles of defense and effort. He lives those principles and expects his players to do the same. With our obvious front court weakness this year, hustle is the only real chance we have of being competitive. I just think he wants them to know that there's a new sheriff in town, and he's going to be on their asses non-stop to push them to give their all. We all saw what happened last year, and it was inexcusable for Connecticut basketball on many levels imo. I'm glad that his first mission is to put an end to any notion that that will be tolerated as long as he is here.

Yep he was the "go-to" coach last year when JC yelled at someone and needed to pat them on the back.......

He has to change his colors and let them know right away his situation and personality/tolerance is now very different and demanding........love it. I was worried about this and now I am far from it........he's the guy and they will play hard, even if it's walk ons......how many times when they struggled last year and the bisg couldn't score, rebound or guard anyone did you wish JC pulled everyone and had the walk-ons sub in to make a point???

Reaction Score
Ollie seems to coach with an NBA mindset. Players have 'contracts' and tasks, if you don't perform you don't play. He knows what it takes and that any player is replaceable. All players must get it right or risk the bench. Zero tolerance.

Not sure if this will last all season (young players and all) but the message/foundation is set. Ollie is here!

Reaction Score
Yeah, but, for the love of god, WHY?!?!?! He had so much strength and talent. Why in the world did he play like that?!?!?!

Why? Because he was weak: of heart and between the ears. Enough said he opted out. He's a turncoat. Now the enemy.
Talent ain't nothing but a word if you don't bring it.

Reaction Score
Why? Because he was weak: of heart and between the ears. Enough said he opted out. He's a turncoat. Now the enemy.
Talent ain't nothing but a word if you don't bring it.

Yep cat, and talent can run short in the long run if you don't bring it, you don't hit anyone and you can't catch it!!................Mizzou can't suck enough!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom