Clingan Was Sick Last Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan Was Sick Last Night

Reaction Score
Just FYI as to why he looked so winded last night in limited minutes. Back to back games while battling an illness is nearly impossible to get through for a big guy

View attachment 93270
I noticed he was gesturing that he couldn't breathe. Looks like some kind of respiratory issue. Hopefully not long term and doesn't tlrun through the squad. Everybody drawing negative conclusions based on his performance off injury and illness is making a mistake.

Reaction Score
Thanks Bill!! Ive been sick these past two weeks. Could not imagine even going for a jog.
Wore myself out after extensive travel the last couple of months. Had been feeling great then off the cliff and what I thought was a cold right off the plane from Colorado. Had the flu instead and fortunately was vaxxed so it was mild. But still yesterday was my first day back in the gym and it was a humbling experience. But even an elite athlete (not me) has to recover and always be careful with respiratory issues.Glad we had Sampson jacked to throw it down yesterday. Game changer.

Reaction Score
Literally, Clingan is a potential lottery pick who was visibly coughing and asking for his inhaler and people be like he's not as good as I thought.

Idiots.
I’m going to confess, last night one of my sons asked why he was getting out rebounded and not catching passes for easy dunks, I commented he definitely looked better last year and didn’t look like a lottery pick. ( I didn’t know he was sick).

Reaction Score
Conditioning aside, will be very interested to see how his low post moves have developed.

Really need to be able to throw to him down low and have him go get a bucket. Especially when he significantly outsizes his opponent.

I liked this play alot (even though not a low post move). Pretty nifty and shifty finish for a 7'3" giant!

Reaction Score
We all saw him ask for the inhaler. I’m glad his dad cleared up what we all suspected. There happens to be a lot of respiratory stuff going around now, and the people who have it are very laid up and exhausted. He tried to run up and down a court.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Worst of all, I think, was the suggestion that Johnson should start in order to light a fire under DC.
The chat was on fire with negative waves last night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The chat was on fire with negative waves last night.
The chat can be even worse than Twitter. It's always loaded with extreme reactions and negativity. These kids are all giving it their best.

Reaction Score
This is a good thing. Sick or not. Dad noticed his son didn't play to his potential. Dad felt the pressure a bit. That obviously means Clingan knows he didn't play to his potential and feels the pressure. Some pressure is a good thing.

Reaction Score
There is a bad virus going around that results in lingering coughing and trouble breathing. It’s not covid. Leaves you feeling weak. . I have had it for 6 weeks so do not be surprised if Donovan looks off for awhile.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I read that Samson Johnson is better than Donovan Clingan when he's fighting through an illness.

Reaction Score
Literally, Clingan is a potential lottery pick who was visibly coughing and asking for his inhaler and people be like he's not as good as I thought.

Idiots.
A lot of these people were bashing Sanogo last year and stating Clingan should be starting, too. Like, WTF? Clingan was great in his role last year which was a big reason why UConn won it all. Sanogo was the guy who put the team on his back when a bucket was needed and he was the MOP of the NCAAT.

Reaction Score
There is a bad virus going around that results in lingering coughing and trouble breathing. It’s not covid. Leaves you feeling weak. . I have had it for 6 weeks so do not be surprised if Donovan looks off for awhile.
Interesting you say that. Normally I recover from illness in about 3-4 days-I got a strong immune system. However, these last 2 weeks I have been winded. I thought in the first week I was recovering only for things to suddenly turn for the worst. Turns out I have sinus infection and now I am on antibiotics.

I hope Clingan isn't going through that at all or something worse. Antibiotics can leave people feeling drained.

Reaction Score

Idiots.
We had Clingan needing to lose weight, get in shape, and get replaced by Samson all within hours of the game ending. Lots of hot takes on BY for this game.

Reaction Score
Can I say I’m happy to hear this? Hope he gets better but something wasn’t right. He had a few days to get better and get back out there. He’s going to be fine maybe even give KU some hell!!!!

Reaction Score
I’m h
I can't believe all the folks getting in line to bash Clingan. Just a sorry lot.
In Hurley’s system it’s best man up. If Johnson is more of a positive than Clingan, Johnson needs to play more than Clingan.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
There's a reason the mods do game chats vice threads. Some fans get emotional in the moment and hot takes tend to rule. People should remember their handle is still on display, though. And, hey, the players aren't making mistakes because they decided to mess with you. It's only about you in your own head.

Oh. And quit using the word "unacceptable". If you really find it unacceptable, your only recourse is to quit watching. If you're still watching, it's not unacceptable.

Reaction Score
Hope he gets well soon.

He clearly wasn't 100% healthy. His legs just weren't there last night. He was getting pushed around at times by guards. This is the same guy that last year had bigs, including a few 7 ft-ish guys spin into him or 'bump' him and was watching a kid run into a wall last year.

Don't know how long it will take, but he'll get there. While he does, SJ gets valuable minutes and has a chance to develop even more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom