2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Visits | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kind of disappointed that we have to wait until June 18 for him drop Syracuse from him list.

1622583035667.png

The week before I visited Syracuse, seven people had been shot in four days, including a public-bus driver
Syracuse thought that by building a giant highway in the middle of town it could become an economic powerhouse. Instead, it got a bad bout of white flight and the worst slum problem in America.

The neighborhood with the most concentrated poverty in America has Victorian-style homes with big porches, immaculate public parks, and tree-lined streets where children play. But some of the homes are crumbling or abandoned, and the parks are empty because a recent spate of shootings in this city has made parents fear for their children’s safety.

The poverty is more evident a few blocks away, where families are crowded into public housing near the overpass of I-81, an elevated highway that cuts through the heart of the city. There are no supermarkets here, just small convenience stores that advertise that they sell cigarettes and accept food stamps. Across the street from one store, men and women sit in an empty lot, some in rolling office chairs, others leaning on cars or rickety shopping carts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Classic Jake. I mentally commended him for the "high 4*" description. He was accurate for once! But then he went and added "Clingan a legit five-star caliber prospect. " You just called him a 4* in the same tweet, lol. He just can't help himself.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Classic Jake. I mentally commended him for the "high 4*" description. He was accurate for once! But then he went and added "Clingan a legit five-star caliber prospect. " You just called him a 4* in the same tweet, lol. He just can't help himself.
I gotta be honest, I really don't understand why this bothers yall so much? What's the harm in it?

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest, I really don't understand why this bothers yall so much? What's the harm in it?
It's just one of those things man. I don't like when people have correct information and choose to be factually wrong on purpose. It says just as much about me as it does him, I'm sure. I don't even like when the teams intentionally list the heights wrong. There's almost 0 harm, but it just really grinds my gears.

Reaction Score
What's the harm in it?
This is the standard more typically applied to situations like "should we let grandpa tell the same story for the 1000th time?" and not journalists reporting on things inaccurately.

If he's cool with that level of seriousness then it is what it is.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's just one of those things man. I don't like when people have correct information and choose to be factually wrong on purpose. It says just as much about me as it does him, I'm sure. I don't even like when the teams intentionally list the heights wrong. There's almost 0 harm, but it just really grinds my gears.
I just think there's times where this principle is important, and times like this when the kid is just hyping up his friends(or whoever will talk to him).
This is the standard more typically applied to situations like "should we let grandpa tell the same story for the 1000th time?" and not journalists reporting on things inaccurately.

If he's cool with that level of seriousness then it is what it is.
He's not reporting on the kids ranking though. You could technically argue it's just his opinion.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I hear you generally but in this case I think he’s saying that in his view, DC’s a higher caliber player than his rating indicates

Reaction Score
He's not reporting on the kids ranking though. You could technically argue it's just his opinion.
That's not the impression it's meant to give, or it wouldn't really hold any weight. He doesn't formally assess kids, right? So what would his personal opinion have to do with anything? It's intentionally vague so he can make that argument while still giving the impression he's relaying real rankings. And people find it surprising that that annoys some people?

This example was mild. More often it's a literal ranking.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
figured we'd start a new conversation away from the best education thread.

Well, at least you tried.

My alternate take on the tweet is that for official visits to OSU, Michigan, and Syracuse, he's regarded as a high 4-star.

But when an unofficial visit to UConn is mentioned, he's regarded a legit 5-star, because everybody knows that UConn prospects get an automatic upward bump in rankings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 7-foot-1, 255-pound center out of Bristol Central (CT) and Team Spartans will visit Michigan (June 11-13), Syracuse (June 19-20), Ohio State (June 24-25) and UConn July (1-2). He also plans to visit UConn unofficially later this month.

So UConn gets 2 visits?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 7-foot-1, 255-pound center out of Bristol Central (CT) and Team Spartans will visit Michigan (June 11-13), Syracuse (June 19-20), Ohio State (June 24-25) and UConn July (1-2). He also plans to visit UConn unofficially later this month.

So UConn gets 2 visits?

This is Hurley's MO. Unofficial, then an OV where we seal the deal. Pretty sure that's how we reeled in Bouk and Gaff

Reaction Score
This is Hurley's MO. Unofficial, then an OV where we seal the deal. Pretty sure that's how we reeled in Bouk and Gaff
This is the current MO, I’m curious how this ages. Specifically now that DH is wanting to expand the recruiting territory. Easy to get multiple in persons when you’re asking someone to drive less than 4 hours. Different when your recruiting someone from Illinois, Florida, Texas, etc.
I have 10000% confidence in staff, especially how they handled Covid recruiting, but am curious how that looks outside our current footprint

Reaction Score
Both Official and Unofficial visits take a great deal of preparation and planning, if they are to be successful. In recruiting you make your own luck. The table has now been set for the June visits. Now, as Randy would say, we need to execute. Good luck to Danny and his staff this upcoming month. Chief, of course, will be cheering you on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the current MO, I’m curious how this ages. Specifically now that DH is wanting to expand the recruiting territory. Easy to get multiple in persons when you’re asking someone to drive less than 4 hours. Different when your recruiting someone from Illinois, Florida, Texas, etc.
I have 10000% confidence in staff, especially how they handled Covid recruiting, but am curious how that looks outside our current footprint
Ty Rodgers is our only non- local visit and our only first-visit OV. I suspect that isn't a coincidence

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Need another perimeter player in that mix. Just my preference.

Another scoring guard in 2022 would be nice but not essential imo. We’ll most likely have a backcourt of 5th year RJ, senior Gaff, Sophomore Hawk and Sool, plus a freshmen CFJ.

Reload at guard in 2023 imo. We’ll be in on several 4-5 star guys.

Reaction Score
Another scoring guard in 2022 would be nice but not essential imo. We’ll most likely have a backcourt of 5th year RJ, senior Gaff, Sophomore Hawk and Sool, plus a freshmen CFJ.

They are recruiting Justice, Rice, Anglin, etc...Wouldn't say no to any of them. Maybe don't need but my preference is to always look to add scoring talent to 1-3 positions. It's where college bball is won and lost more often than not.

Reaction Score

That's a group that could definitely use another guard, especially 2/3 combo who can shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom