2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Drummond? Chuck Aleksinas? Similar coming out of HS. I agree though that Clingan’s unique size, combined with an already impressive skill set, could propel him to GOAT at center for UConn.
Holy cow.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I liked a little thing in the video. The way he played with the ball at the free throw line. I realize one of the things hard for bigs in general is to catch the ball. Most bigs handle the ball as if it was made of glass. He was doing some twirling and spinning looking at the rim and not with his eyes on the ball. Indication from the snippet is he has really good soft hands for a big and is comfortable with the ball in his hands. He also caught an awkward pass in traffic. That's very hard for a big. Quick opinion; he is a star in the making depending on his work ethic.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Emeka is the GOAT at center. Period.

That’s a very, very high bar. Anyone future Husky falling just short of that is a damn good basketball player.

I agree that Emeka is the GOAT, but let's not forget Art Quimby, a truly great UConn center in the 1950s who is not far behind Emeka and Cliff -- at least in my opinion.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
This kid better come to Storrs. It makes absolutely no sense to me how you can grow up in CT watching UConn basketball and not want to be a part of that.

Reaction Score
Emeka is the GOAT at center. Period.

That’s a very, very high bar. Anyone future Husky falling just short of that is a damn good basketball player.
Disagree. Period.

Reaction Score
Emeka and it's not debatable at all. Not even close.
Disagree. Not even close. Idc how many people reply to me saying the exact same thing you and the 3 people before you said. It’s called a difference of opinion and my opinion is what it is. The NBA careers went in vastly different directions imo. Cliff > Emeka for me final answer

Reaction Score
Disagree. Not even close. Idc how many people reply to me saying the exact same thing you and the 3 people before you said. It’s called a difference of opinion and my opinion is what it is. The NBA careers went in vastly different directions imo. Cliff > Emeka for me final answer

Cliff was playing out of position at center in college. He had superior offensive skills than Emeka even in college.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's pretty raw, not crazy athletic, doesn't play for a big time AAU team, plays in a public school league in CT. That said, no I don't think there are 6 centers better than him
He's pretty athletic, saw a video of him drive a lane and dunk on someone awhile back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's true, you can say the sky is green in your opinion, too.

Reaction Score
Donovan seems to have a good relationship with all the guys on the team. Just commented on Andre’s latest IG post if people like to look into that stuff.

Attachments

• 4730EDC3-1B10-465D-B640-EFEB144BB00F.jpeg
    4730EDC3-1B10-465D-B640-EFEB144BB00F.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 305
Reaction Score
I agree that Emeka is the GOAT, but let's not forget Art Quimby, a truly great UConn center in the 1950s who is not far behind Emeka and Cliff -- at least in my opinion.

Not behind them at what? Art Quimby wouldn't have made the roster of any UConn team post-1990.

Reaction Score
Not behind them at what? Art Quimby wouldn't have made the roster of any UConn team post-1990.

Back when he was a “big” it was because there wasn’t the size we now have in the game. Give him the 3-4 inches of change he most definitely makes all the rosters on fundamentals/skills alone.

Reaction Score
And cliff had a way better nba career

Congrats on bringing in irrelevant information. You said it was "borderline debateable" that Emeka had a better COLLEGE career. It is not debatable, borderline or otherwise. Emeka was the best player in the country in college and won everything it was possible to win. Cliff was nowhere near that, and the only trophy he ever won was an NIT. I loved Cliff, but when it comes to the best UConn center ever, it's Okafor and it's not close.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

What on earth are you talking about?

Reaction Score
Congrats on bringing in irrelevant information. You said it was "borderline debateable" that Emeka had a better COLLEGE career. It is not debatable, borderline or otherwise. Emeka was the best player in the country in college and won everything it was possible to win. Cliff was nowhere near that, and the only trophy he ever won was an NIT. I loved Cliff, but when it comes to the best UConn center ever, it's Okafor and it's not close.
Cliff > Emeka

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Lol if this isn't the essence of internet message boards, I don't know what is. Kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom