Clingan update 1/1/24 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Clingan update 1/1/24

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was at the game tonight and I was watching Clingan on his movements around the court warming up and shooting.

I noticed that he walks on the outside of his feet. He puts a lot of weight on the outside of his feet while the inside of his feet are almost curled up off the ground. It's weird, but could that be a reason for the feet and ankle issues that he is having.
I do this. I have really high arches. It puts a lot more stress on the outside of the foot and can lead to rolled and sprained ankles. It was a constant problem for me as a kid. It is more common for people to over-pronate than to supinate and so stability shoes are often designed to push your foot to the outside (fortunately shoe companies are slowly moving away from this). If it naturally goes that way, well, sprains will happen. If he has high arches (I have no idea) they need to make sure he's wearing shoes than emphasize and allow pronation.

Reaction Score
No, it’s more likely he’s walking like that because of the injury and avoiding putting full pressure on a portion of his injured foot.
That needs to be discouraged before that type "correction" leads to other issues, especially if he does that in game situations after his return.

Reaction Score
Samson used his springs today on defense to show devastatingly quick he is off the ground and how high he gets. Through in those quick shots from 5-8 feet he’s taking now and he’s killing it. Just needs to work on his rebounding and he will be a hell of a player.

He’s pretty good at passing to cutters also.
I agree that what separates Samson is how quickly he gets off the floor. It greatly helps his dunks.

Reaction Score
There was one -lay he dunked so fast the defender was just leaving his feet and Samson had already dunked. How quickly he gets up is ridiculous. On par anyone I have seen.
This is so true. I often wonder how he got to the rim so fast. I'm often worried he's going to get blocked, and before i finish the thought, the other team is inbounding the ball from underneath our basket.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is so true. I often wonder how he got to the rim so fast. I'm often worried he's going to get blocked, and before i finish the thought, the other team is inbounding the ball from underneath our basket.
New nickname - “The Blur”?

Reaction Score
I selfishly hope he can play Creighton since I bought that ticket extra besides my XL season tickets, would be right at the 4 week mark… but I understand and agree with others that I care more that he’s healthy in March, even if it means we drop some games and wind up a 3 seed or so. Our eye test and wins when we’ve been (mostly) healthy should go a long way when seeding is done.

Reaction Score
Or orthotics.
He needs both good orthopedics and good orthotics.

I am sure the staff has made sure he has the best of each or the best of both, whatever the correct grammar is here.

Reaction Score
He needs both good orthopedics and good orthotics.

I am sure the staff has made sure he has the best of each or the best of both, whatever the correct grammar is here.
And a great tape job.

Reaction Score
jan 28 vs xavier i bet. Start of a string of 6 "mostly easier" games (as "easy" as it gets in the BE). Play him minimal minutes (10-15) to allow the team to keep the feel of his excellent screen action....and be locked and loaded ready to go for marquette round 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom