2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow you guys royally screwed this up. Good connection to a top c/o22 target and you can’t realize when to stop pushing the same buttons. Ridiculous.
I love the Boneyard, but don't think it will play any role in any player's recruitment decision. And honestly, it has all been nothing but love for DC on here anyway.

Reaction Score
I love the Boneyard, but don't think it will play any role in any player's recruitment decision. And honestly, it has all been nothing but love for DC on here anyway.
No but he would always provide good scouts and insight. Don’t know why people always chose to pick a fight with him.

Reaction Score
No but he would always provide good scouts and insight. Don’t know why people always chose to pick a fight with him.
For the record, I didn't pick a fight with anyone nor do I think anyone else her did either. People can agree to view things differently. :)

Reaction Score

This is probably the one time that may not be true. His dad has gotten pissed about comments on here before like yours. It shouldn't play a role but it could.. so please shut up.

I don't post any of my thoughts on Donovan except the good for that reason when I collect stats. Every recruit we're after has good and bad qualities like any player at any legel. other recruits I'm fine to because their families aren't literally reading this board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the record, I didn't pick a fight with anyone nor do I think anyone else her did either. People can agree to view things differently. :)
Yes but how many times do we need to say, oh is he getting enough coaching or development at Bristol or he needs to go to a prep school to prove he can play. If Hurley thought Clingan playing at a public school was a problem he would back off.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So, what I'm getting now is that Boneyardin' is setting in and this kid sucks cuz he faces pedestrian competition and his teammates can't time inlet passes?

Ne...

Reaction Score
Love this thread. Hope he puts on a UConn jersey soon. I understand why he wants to stay at BCHS, I think we all do. Good indeed that he also plays with a strong AAU team. We’ve been posting his post-game BCHS stats, let’s try to post his post-game AAU stats.

Reaction Score
I don’t think saying playing against better competition would help someone’s development as being insulting or sacrilegious.

Reaction Score
I don’t think saying playing against better competition would help someone’s development as being insulting or sacrilegious.
No but Clingan has said multiple times he’s staying at Bristol for personal reasons. Don’t know why people try to keep bringing it up like it will change anything. He’s been open and clear as to why he’s staying at Bristol. So it’s not worth discussing imo.

Reaction Score
Kids getting really good coaching at Central. Learning to play defense which is non existent in AAU. All the attention he gets from defenses has made him a great passer for a HS junior. He’s now developing his outside game as well. NHe plays against enough high talent on his Spartans team and has showed very well. Not sure what else he needs to do at 16. The plan he and his dad have created is well balanced. Not sure what all the hand wringing is about here

Reaction Score
His free throw shooting needs to improve. It is awful. I had 24, 15 and 6 blocks. It was hard to watch, The guards definitely don't recognize the timing when he gets open. They see him open and it seems like they wait until the defense collapses on him and THEN pass it to him. Late on the pass consistently.
Does he always struggle with free throws? I was watching warm ups when he was taking outside shots and he seems to have a good stroke. So I'm sure if free throw shooting is an issue it's fixable.

Reaction Score
No but Clingan has said multiple times he’s staying at Bristol for personal reasons. Don’t know why people try to keep bringing it up like it will change anything. He’s been open and clear as to why he’s staying at Bristol. So it’s not worth discussing imo.
I don’t care where the kid plays. It’s his choice. He’s playing where he wants which is great. I’m not trying to change anything. Someone commented on the level of play in that league. What’s so wrong with that

Reaction Score
When Chris Smith committed, I remember an article in the Waterbury Republican with the headline "Smith Wants to Put UConn Basketball on the Map". It always resonated with me how committed he was to improving the program in his home state.

We're all drooling over what DH is putting together and DC's commitment would be similar to Smitty's IMO after watching top high school players in CT get out of dodge year after year.
Chris Smith was the most important recruit in UCONN history. He was the guy that started to turn the tide in Storrs. Smitty had offers from just about everyone, and he chose Calhoun and the Huskies. The rest, as they say, is history.

Reaction Score
I’m trying to find the article where Clingan mentions what his favorite childhood college basketball team was (whether it was Michigan or MSU) but come to think of it I recall him mentioning it on a local podcast.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I found those personal reasons all the more reason to appreciate and like Donovan. You can't help but root for him. Never thought he needed prep school to succeed, and I think he's proven that as well. It might have made him more prepared for his first season in college, but that's not really important given his situation.

I hope he comes to UConn, and I am sure he will be embraced warmly by UConn fans if he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom