Clingan MVP | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan MVP

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really happy for Donovan! But if there was ever a time to give an MVP for a team this team is it. The sum of the team is so much greater than the individual pieces. And Kudos for Hurley playing a masterful chess game with those pieces!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Clingan is smart, a friggin' redwood, and plays high with both sticky hands. Is he better than Sanogo? I think that's the wrong question. The right one is - who's the right guy to be on the floor right now. They play so differently when we switch between them we totally throw the opposing teams tempo off.

He's a total game changer and I believe a future Husky great we'll talk about for years. Heck, I think this team is one we're going to remember - even the "worst" players have upside and fit in to Hurley's gameplan. I'm so glad I decided to get back into watching the Huskies 3 years ago it's just been an upwards trend and this year, this year, the boosters are ON.

I also love that we legit could have had Newton, Watson (lol), or Clingan as MVP and any of those would have felt right to me.
Was going to write Walton missed a great opportunity when Seth Greenberg asked him if Clingan compares to him. He could have said Clingan and Zach Edey are redwoods among Douglas and Wycoff's Dwarf firs and that he was only a Douglas Fir.

As a fill in he could have added this about Douglas Firs:

The tips with their woody, citrus flavours are great for infusions like teas, syrups, flavouring alcohol, and even making beer. You can also use them fresh as a herb when cooking for roasting meats or fish or even in cocktails as a garnish. You can use them to flavour salts and sugars too. Young cones can be pickled and preserved in oils, vinegar, and alcohol for interesting additions to the dinner plate. The pollen has been used in medicinal tinctures and also as an addition to flour in baking.

Of course he should point out this:
  • Can be confused for poisonous Yew but yew doesn’t have the citrusy smell in its needles. Yew needles are green underneath and do not carry the hallmark white lines like Fir needles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds
Top Bottom