Clingan Game Time Decision | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Clingan Game Time Decision

Reaction Score
I'd prefer to have him out for as long as it takes to fully heal. If that's not until February, fine. Given the fact that we don't know what exactly his injury is and we're not doctors, that makes my opinion about as good as yours.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
There are many people who seem to have inside information on this board. And no sarcasm is intended in that statement. So if some know he is playing for sure then of course that is great news. I guess the pragmatist in me would have a few questions. It was initially reported 3-4 weeks. So today is the last day of the four week estimate. On that information it would seem to be perfectly rational to expect he could play tonight. However it has been stated many times that feet and big men over 7’ can be worrisome. He has lost weight which is good since from a basic physics standpoint it puts less stress on his feet. I would think if there is an over riding medical opinion that not playing him until the 1/28 is what is best that is what they will do. I don’t think there is much difference between today and Saturday. If they don’t think he is ready today then I really can’t believe that two days is going to change that trajectory. So I hope I am wrong but I think we may be part of a misinformation campaign. Make the opponent think the big man is playing so they have more to think about. Personally if that is the case I go back to an early post. If we are trying to mess with our opponents game plan have him dress even if he is not playing. It’s the perfect way to get the crowd in the game from the beginning.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

If anyone thinks he is playing based on this video…….this looks like me taking shots and layups in my driveway. Not the tall part but the amount of effort and speed going to the hoop. Was that a slow motion video. If he was dunking or moving quicker I would be much more optimistic. Based on this my guess we see him next week maybe. I hope I am wrong. Which foot did he hurt right or left?

Reaction Score
Until you see him in the lay up line--I think he's getting in reps and letting the med staff/coaching staff know how he's feeling.

On an unrelated note but still about the backdrop of the game tonite. I'm sure Raff's friend Jay Bilas finds it no coincidence that he's here to provide color on $2 beer night!! I jest. Some pre-game humor.

Reaction Score
Until you see him in the lay up line--I think he's getting in reps and letting the med staff/coaching staff know how he's feeling.

On an unrelated note but still about the backdrop of the game tonite. I'm sure Raff's friend Jay Bilas finds it no coincidence that he's here to provide color on $2 beer night!! I jest. Some pre-game humor.
Raff’s got the game tonight?
If you don’t make the Hall of Fame, your liver certainly should!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If anyone does know for sure whether he’s playing or not can they drop some sort of discreet hint or dm.

Want to know whether I should take our points for this game or not. Lol

Reaction Score
Since we don’t t know for sure if he plays, I would have him suit up and come in off the bench if he’s needed. Keep Sean Miller and Kalkbrenner wondering.

Reaction Score
Unless he had some game time prior it’s best to sit him.
If Kalk gets going tonight 15 mins of Don won’t make the difference. It will take a game or two for Don to get to a point he can.
Clingan is one of the biggest difference makers defensively in the country. So, IF he is medically cleared to play and he feels good and is pain free, why not get him some minutes to help stop Kalk from having a big game ? I fear Kalk would otherwise eat up Johnson and any small ball lineup we may implement. Any amount minutes that Clingan can be on the court will make a big impact against Kalk and a Creighton team that rebounds well.

If it takes a game or two for Don to get going then maybe it starts tonight with even 10-12 minutes then add to it against Villanova. He will then have over a week off to rest, practice and work on conditioning before we play 4 games in 10 days starting with Xavier on 1-28.

Reaction Score
When he hurt is foot the second time sounds like he realized he needed to get lighter and shed some weight to put less pressure on the foot. Hopefully that will help him avoid reinjury.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Since we don’t t know for sure if he plays, I would have him suit up and come in off the bench if he’s needed. Keep Sean Miller and Kalkbrenner wondering.
We are playing Creighton tonight. I am guessing and hoping he plays on the 28th but pretty sure Miller won’t be thinking about that until later next week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom