Clingan Game Time Decision | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Clingan Game Time Decision

Reaction Score
Exactly. Spot minutes v Nova then another week with no games is perfect.

Plus the added pressure to perform against Kalk. I’m sure he wants to play but there is a time when the coach needs to save the player from himself.

One game in Jan means nothing. 1 game in April could mean everything
Since there are literally only two games in April yeah, either one of those games pretty much IS everything

Reaction Score
He
It's Day 28.

The problem with playing him against Creighton is we face Nova after just two days rest. It's a quick turnaround. If he comes back at Nova on on the 20th, there is a full week to assess him before our next game, Pee Cee on the 28th.

So I would sit him tonight. It just gives him a much better margin to recuperate fully after testing the foot.
20 yos need two days of rest from a 40 minute basketball game?

Reaction Score
I saw Clingan pass out at 31 flavors last night.
You literally saw him? Or was it that your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's Day 28.

The problem with playing him against Creighton is we face Nova after just two days rest. It's a quick turnaround. If he comes back at Nova on on the 20th, there is a full week to assess him before our next game, Pee Cee on the 28th.

So I would sit him tonight. It just gives him a much better margin to recuperate fully after testing the foot.

If he is cleared medically, I'd rather him play tonight for a few minutes, check out his recovery and sit him against Nova and then have him ready for good on the 28th.

Reaction Score
I said a month ago that I expect him back on the 28th, given the "bye week" after Villanova, and I am sticking to that.

Expect more cagey comments before/after today and leading into Saturday, but still not quite there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If he is cleared medically, I'd rather him play tonight for a few minutes, check out his recovery and sit him against Nova and then have him ready for good on the 28th.
I said a month ago that I expect him back on the 28th, given the "bye week" after Villanova, and I am sticking to that.
I feel strongly both ways.

Reaction Score
I can tell you two things with plausible certainty -- DC won't start (because DH has said he won't start), and he won't be saved back for late game emergency use only. DH won't do anything to suggest that DC is playing out of need, not readiness.

So if AK and SJ both foul out, don't look for DC to make a first appearance. If Clingan doesn't get any first half minutes, he won't get any second half minutes.

Which also means that if he is on the bench and dressed for play, he is almost certainly going to play.,

Reaction Score
It's Day 28.

It all depends on the confidence level of where he is health wise. If he’s ready it behooves them to get a few reps in the next 2 games, just keep it down to back up minutes at best. He needs to shake off the rust little by little.

But I see your point as well and it makes sense.

Reaction Score
Well he didn’t even dress last game but those of us at the game will immediately know if #theresachance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom