Clingan debuts at #47 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan debuts at #47

Reaction Score
i thought rivals was trash? i can’t keep up
espn is trash. the 247 composite algorithm includes espn, rivals, and 247's own rankings. i hope the composite doesn't give much weight to espn's rankings otherwise maybe just comparing 247's ranks to rivals is the best way to go...

F

FanMan

No AAU this summer and playing small public school ball in CT. Me likey.

I realize in today's world no one remains hidden.

But the more he is kept away from major HS competition the less likely he is to get top 15.
Actually, there is AAU. His team heads out to Vegas end of July and first week of August and then possibly straight to Indiana. There are going to be live periods as well. His dad told me the details are yet to come and still in the works. Apparently, this covid virus canceled his Team USA tryout. I guess he was invited to the mini camp in April in Atlanta st the time the Final 4 was gonna go on. Had a quick conversation with his dad a couple of weeks ago.

Reaction Score
He’s an awesome kid and as long as UConn fans show him nothing but love he’s going to become an all time CT home legend. Let’s just make sure posters don’t make Danny’s job any harder than it already is. If he ends up at Syracuse it might literally break my heart.
I just cant imagine a kid wanting to play for Boeheim and his staff over Hurley and his. Throw in playing opponents LOCALLY and the MSG epic experience.
I know that massive dome can hold a ton of people ( too many for hoops IMO) but when gampel is rocking it's hard to beat

Reaction Score
Alex Karaban comes in at #99 and Dasonte Bowen at #113.
Looking at the large number of Georgia kids on the list made me think of the pipeline we once had with Ricky and wonder if anyone has heard anything about where he is and what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Updated ESPN 60 for 2022:
Clingan at #49
Karaban at #55
Z Littleton at #54
Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 9.32.53 PM.png

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
i dont think a recruit's been as unanimously desired by this fanbase since drummond

There's been a bunch. We just haven't landed them. I don't remember a single person who wasn't salivating over a guy like Hamidou Diallo

Once people heard a UK connection, they might have soured, but that's because of UK, not the recruit

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lotta talk about who he is playing with in High School and AAU. Can someone tell me, is he playing against the top comp regularly or not? If not, he's doing himself a disservice, all that hometown stuff aside

Reaction Score
Hopefully he still feels this way, quotes from Nov 2019
If your concern is based on what happened with AG, with the way Hurley supported Alterique before, during, and after the season I can't understand why he wouldn't.

From what we know, Hurley did everything he could to support AG.

Reaction Score
If your concern is based on what happened with AG, with the way Hurley supported Alterique before, during, and after the season I can't understand why he wouldn't.

From what we know, Hurley did everything he could to support AG.

Not what I was insinuating at all. Literally just meant that the quote is over 6 months old. Kids been getting recruited by a lot of other schools I’d assume during that time.

Hope he still has the good guys in his sights.

Reaction Score

This is a great problem to have. If we're stalling on him it probably means we have others in the mix that DH likes better, and if we take him as a Plan B or C, we still end up with a top 60 talent.

Reaction Score
There's been a bunch. We just haven't landed them. I don't remember a single person who wasn't salivating over a guy like Hamidou Diallo
clingan is the first 5* type player to come out of CT since drummond's 2013 class so it can't be a bunch. diallo and akok went to PSA but they weren't home grown.

personally, i dont care where a recruit comes from, but it's undeniable that there's added excitement about keeping elite in-state talent at home because it's so rare. There also seems to be a deeper connection and level of pride for a lot of fans to those players. Clingan will be a fan favorite the day he commits.

guys like akok and diallo were universally desired but not as much as clingan seems to be. similarly, i didn't follow recruiting 7 years ago but everyone in CT knew about drummond before he commited, even my parents.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not what I was insinuating at all. Literally just meant that the quote is over 6 months old. Kids been getting recruited by a lot of other schools I’d assume during that time.

Hope he still has the good guys in his sights.
Thank you for clarifying, the other post was left open to the imagination.

Reaction Score
clingan is the only 5* player to come out of CT since drummond's 2013 class so it can't be a bunch. diallo and akok went to PSA but they weren't home grown.

personally, i dont care where a recruit comes from, but it's undeniable that there's added excitement about keeping elite in-state talent at home because it's so rare. There also seems to be a deeper connection and level of pride for a lot of fans to those players. Clingan will be a fan favorite the day he commits.

guys like akok and diallo were universally desired but not as much as clingan seems to be. similarly, i didn't follow recruiting 7 years ago but everyone in CT knew about drummond before he commited, even my parents.

Where are you seeing him as a 5* player? 5* are usually top 25/30 players. Seeing him pretty much everywhere as a 4*.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he still feels this way, quotes from Nov 2019
This was posted on the boneyard back then too. I can’t imagine Hurley wasn’t made aware of it but I’ve been surprised I haven’t heard of an offer since then.

Reaction Score
if he's not a 5* at this time next year i'll eat my boneyard account

I think it will all depend on his strength and conditioning. He is absolutely massive with a decent skillset (though tough to judge vs CIAC comp). He needs to get off the floor and go end to end quicker to fulfill that 5* potential. Much more junior Carlton than junior Whaley in that regard. He has 2 years for his body to mature though. 5* is a very real possibility.

Reaction Score
I think it will all depend on his strength and conditioning. He is absolutely massive with a decent skillset (though tough to judge vs CIAC comp). He needs to get off the floor and go end to end quicker to fulfill that 5* potential. Much more junior Carlton than junior Whaley in that regard. He has 2 years for his body to mature though. 5* is a very real possibility.
How’s his passing skills and shooting? A lot of the 5 star guys I’ve seen coming in the past couple years were either excellent passing big men, decent shooters or both. I know he’s young but I’m curious where he projects there. Most of the highlights I’ve seen he’s in the paint.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom