Clingan debuts at #47 | The Boneyard

Clingan debuts at #47

Reaction Score
Wish I could post link here, but I am old and a dope when it comes to technical things. But Rivals updated there 2022 ranking and Donovan Clingan is ranked #47. Highest newcomer to top 100.

I think he will rise in rankings, so I hope we get a commitment as soon as possible.

Go Huskies !!!!

PS. If anyone can find link and post it, it will be an interesting read to fellow boneyarders

Reaction Score
Wish I could post link here, but I am old and a dope when it comes to technical things. But Rivals updated there 2022 ranking and Donovan Clingan is ranked #47. Highest newcomer to top 100.

I think he will rise in rankings, so I hope we get a commitment as soon as possible.

Go Huskies !!!!

PS. If anyone can find link and post it, it will be an interesting read to fellow boneyarders

:)

“Big man Donovan Clingan from Connecticut looks like a potential monster in the paint. Having just turned 16, he’s a seven-footer with toughness and skill who put up huge numbers as a high school sophomore. Boston College, Georgetown, Iowa, Providence, Syracuse, UConn and UMass have all offered already and I predict there will be a true feeding frenzy once coaches get to know about him nationally.”

Reaction Score
Congrats Donovan! Sky is the limit at his size. And a true freshman at that! A lot kids in 2022 are a year older than him. I honestly thonk he could ene up a consensus 5* if he keeps improving and has a solid strength and conditioning regimen.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Love DCling but Roddy Gayle needs to be our first call on the 15th. He’s the type of player that leads you to a national championship.

Reaction Score
Love DCling but Roddy Gayle needs to be our first call on the 15th. He’s the type of player that leads you to a national championship.

Not a ton of NJ NY or other northeast talent in this class yet. Seems like those 2 would be on our list. Kyle cuffe too

I can't remembher who else we've been associated with yet.

Full rankings for those who too lazy to search

Reaction Score
Congrats Donovan! Sky is the limit at his size. And a true freshman at that! A lot kids in 2022 are a year older than him. I honestly thonk he could ene up a consensus 5* if he keeps improving and has a solid strength and conditioning regimen.
Was curious to see where he’d initially get ranked, top 50 is awesome. Seems like the type of prospect that could jump in the rankings as wel by the time he’s done, so who knows, maybe he will be a 5 star when it’s all said and done. Whose the last home grown CT five star player? Has there been any of late that came up through the public schools like he has and didn’t just transfer/prep from another state? Only guys who come to mind are Drummond and Dunn.

Reaction Score
Not a ton of NJ NY or other northeast talent in this class yet.
that would make for 2 years in a row so hopefully this doesnt become a trend. l think all but 3 of hurley's 20+ offers for 2021 have been to guys in the northeast (New England, Tri State, PA and DMV)

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Not a ton of NJ NY or other northeast talent in this class yet. Seems like those 2 would be on our list. Kyle cuffe too

You’re forgetting about the face of Roselle Catholic, Hurley guard prototype Cory Floyd Jr who debuted at #80. He’s a HUGE target for us along with DCling and Gayle.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Let's go Roddy, 52 in the country I like!

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score

Which do you prefer rivals or 247?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can see your thinking but keeping a local talent like Donovan Clingan at State U would be amazing for this program on so many levels.
Agreed, and that is why I'm so grateful we have a staff in place that knows what they are doing. They have shown they can make big men better. There are other big men in the program that will make one compete every practice. Many local games for the family. UConn checks the boxes for this player. The definition of a win-win, imo.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Agreed, and that is why I'm so grateful we have a staff in place that knows what they are doing. They have shown they can make big men better. There are other big men in the program that will make one compete every practice. Many local games for the family. UConn checks the boxes for this player. The definition of a win-win, imo.

Throw in the fact that we need to send a message that we've fenced in our backyard and that's all you need to know.

Reaction Score
Why would he not transfer? Im sure one of those big time schools in Florida (Monteverde or IMG) would love to have him and he would devolop into a better player. Heck even playing for a Brewster or Putnam would be much better than playing at Bristol central

Reaction Score

Why would he not transfer? Im sure one of those big time schools in Florida (Monteverde or IMG) would love to have him and he would devolop into a better player. Heck even playing for a Brewster or Putnam would be much better than playing at Bristol central

Reaction Score
I haven't seen him in person yet, but how can Kyle Filipowski not be in the top 150? He sure looks good to me from the tapes I've seen.

Reaction Score
i thought rivals was trash? i can’t keep up

Reaction Score
He’s an awesome kid and as long as UConn fans show him nothing but love he’s going to become an all time CT home legend. Let’s just make sure posters don’t make Danny’s job any harder than it already is. If he ends up at Syracuse it might literally break my heart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom