Clingan at Yankee Stadium today | The Boneyard

Clingan at Yankee Stadium today

Reaction Score
Clingan is one of the only people who could make Judge look small.

I don't remember seeing anything before today that Clingan was going to be at Yankee Stadium.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
DC must be a good-luck charm... the Yanks finally looked competent again yesterday! They'd been getting shelled lately.
Considering where they are in the season, complaining about the Yankees overall performance to date would be similar to someone complainiing about this past season's UConn men's basketball team after losing in Creighton.

They hit a bump in the road for a week. Two starting pitchers are on the DL (I know, they call it iL these days), a couple position players got banged up yet they still have the most wins, best overall W/L percentage, best starter's ERA and second best run differntial in MLB.

Reaction Score
Considering where they are in the season, complaining about the Yankees overall performance to date would be similar to someone complainiing about this past season's UConn men's basketball team after losing in Creighton.

They hit a bump in the road for a week. Two starting pitchers are on the DL (I know, they call it iL these days), a couple position players got banged up yet they still have the most wins, best overall W/L percentage, best starter's ERA and second best run differntial in MLB.
The loss to DePaul would be more so equivalent to the Yankees losing a series in mid September when your 5 games ahead of the Orioles.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

All true, but the Yanks haven't been playing that well against the top teams lately- Baltimore (both series this year), the Dodgers, Atlanta on Friday, and of course the Boston series. And a few of the recent losses were complete blowouts (17-5 to Baltimore? Yeesh), in which they struggled terribly against aggressive baserunning, to the point of absurdity (the Red Sox setting a franchise base-stealing record). In fact, the 7-6 Baltimore loss was directly attributable to a wild throw trying to catch a runner stealing third (who would have been out with an accurate throw). I think it was reasonable to worry about them sliding into a slump comparable to what happened two years ago after the All-Star break.

I'm listening to the pregame show right now, and Suzyn Waldman is saying that the team was concerned about their recent play, and was "breathing a sigh of relief" after yesterday's win. So it's not just me being myopic.

Reaction Score
The loss to DePaul would be more so equivalent to the Yankees losing a series in mid September when your 5 games ahead of the Orioles.
Creighton not DePaul lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom