Clingan’s Tooth | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan’s Tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting teeth damaged is no laughing matter. Hope your OK DC.
THE BE TAKES NO PRISONERS!

Reaction Score
Trivia time. Remember when Jerome Dyson lost a tooth back in the 2007 season during a road game at Depaul? He was a freshman that year.
1671674836497.png

Reaction Score
Wahab got him again during the comeback on the play where Clingan stuffed him. DC actually went to his mouth while Wahab was trying to muscle him, but kept defending.
Yup, I just saw the replay from the "Character Win" post. At about 1:10 of this video. He clearly got hit in the mouth, holds his tooth, but still holds his ground and forces Wahab to miss again.

Reaction Score

Short cut to the Dentist

->
Clingan, the 7-foot-2 freshman from Bristol, lost one of his front teeth after being hit in the mouth twice in the UConn men's basketball team's 84-73 win at Gampel Pavilion. He was first hit by a Brandon Murray elbow as Murray was driving to the basket in the first half, cracking the tooth.

In the second half, Clingan was hit in the mouth again, this time by opposing center Qudus Wahab, knocking almost the entire tooth out of his mouth. Clingan still managed to block Wahab's shot, which led to a run-out capped by a Joey Calcaterra 3-pointer that sent the Gampel sellout bonkers.

Clingan played the rest of the game bloodied, but unbowed. The following morning, the nerve endings, etc. pulled out by a dentist. His old tooth was then bonded together with the teeth on each side. He will soon get a bridge to hold the teeth together better, but it will take a couple of months for the socket to heel before he can get an in an implant. <

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's one more thing DC and I have in common. I lost my front right tooth in a softball game accident 20+ years ago.

I was in the outfield running in to catch a fly ball, infielder was running out to catch it. Heads and faces smashed. I went from running after a fly ball to waking up in ER. No memory of any contact or lying on the ground after we hit heads. We were both knocked out instantly and crumpled to the ground. I was a bit bigger and his nose hit my mouth. I broke his nose and a couple of ribs. He knocked my front tooth in to the back of my mouth. About an hour total time with no memory of it ever.

Reaction Score
That's one more thing DC and I have in common. I lost my front right tooth in a softball game accident 20+ years ago.

I was in the outfield running in to catch a fly ball, infielder was running out to catch it. Heads and faces smashed. I went from running after a fly ball to waking up in ER. No memory of any contact or lying on the ground after we hit heads. We were both knocked out instantly and crumpled to the ground. I was a bit bigger and his nose hit my mouth. I broke his nose and a couple of ribs. He knocked my front tooth in to the back of my mouth. About an hour total time with no memory of it ever.
He got the better deal out of it.

Reaction Score
Revisiting DC’s situation because of yesterday. He had the one that was temporarily bonded in from being knocked out previously knocked out in warmup ? He wore no mouth guard, is that smart? Are helmut masks allowed?

Reaction Score
Revisiting DC’s situation because of yesterday. He had the one that was temporarily bonded in from being knocked out previously knocked out in warmup ? He wore no mouth guard, is that smart? Are helmut masks allowed?
Looked like he was not wearing a dental guard initially yesterday and then went back to it. Weird, looked like he had a hole drilled into his tooth.

Reaction Score
Have had several teeth capped and everything will be OK. Just take a little bit of time. Tough guys prevail.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wanna see something creapy? Google "x-Ray of baby teeth" then look at the images.
Why would you have Googled that in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom