2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi unofficial visit today | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi unofficial visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
(Not worried) Kentucky board has a thread on Cliff's UConn visit. Here are some of my favorite posts:

Is he gonna play for the women’s team? They’re all that matter since Ollie took the fall for Calhoun’s cheating ass ways. What conference they in this week? Not worried.

If we lose a kid that we're legitimately after to Uconn in the state their program is in ---> somebodies getting something.

There's a Hurley running UConn now so I'm sure he's got some connections to Duke. Guy can do whatever he wants and is untouchable by the NCAA now.

We have acquaintances from Kentuck who are fans of their team and when we saw them along with other friends at a weekend reunion after the 2011 championship it was fascinating (and very enjoyable) to see how agitated "the Mrs." half of the couple was about it.

She actually had the nerve to comment about UConn's cheating at recruiting (I think she was focused on the text message issue) as if no assistant coach at Kentuck had ever handed a bag of cash to a recruit or anything else.

My wife warned me in advance not to get into it with them because they and the other couple are UK and UF fans and believe the SEC is so honorable it can't be criticized, so I let the BS go by. They are so into the SEC that the don't refer to it as the SEC, but instead always say The Southeastern Conference!

But, maybe she's like I would be if UMass won the NC...................

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Top-50 northeast guys should’ve been his bread and butter at URI?
More so than top national players, especially in consideration of who his father is, but highly unlikely he could land many at URI

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Yeah In all the years that Coach has been here he hasn’t been able land one of those
Might @UcannUconn have been referencing Hurley's college coaching historical tenure and non-affiliation in a major basketball conference?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We have acquaintances from Kentuck who are fans of their team and when we saw them along with other friends at a weekend reunion after the 2011 championship it was fascinating (and very enjoyable) to see how agitated "the Mrs." half of the couple was about it.

She actually had the nerve to comment about UConn's cheating at recruiting (I think she was focused on the text message issue) as if no assistant coach at Kentuck had ever handed a bag of cash to a recruit or anything else.

My wife warned me in advance not to get into it with them because they and the other couple are UK and UF fans and believe the SEC is so honorable it can't be criticized, so I let the BS go by. They are so into the SEC that the don't refer to it as the SEC, but instead always say The Southeastern Conference!

But, maybe she's like I would be if UMass won the NC....

And this my friends is why the south is the south and the northeast is the northeast. Those people down there and their sports.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Kentucky loves basketball but the rest of the SEC loves football and only football. My brother is a season ticket holder to Ole Miss and that is what they breath and talk about all the time. Just a different mind set all together.

Reaction Score
Basketball is definitely becoming more popular in the SEC. Florida is into it. Vandy always had a good atmosphere. I wouldn’t act like no one cares. Yes, football dwarfs it, but they still have big basketball followings.

Reaction Score
he's got the weirdest list. temple on one end, kentucky on the other, and a random assortment in between

Reaction Score
This recruitment will go on for awhile which is why we will end up with Cardwell.

Couldn’t agree more. Cliff ain’t coming here. Hope I’m wrong because I’m not sure we get Cardwell either.

Reaction Score

Cliff Omoruyi is fresh off of a nice summer with the NY Lightning, he’s also taken several unofficial visits including ones to Temple and most recently Pittsburgh. He is currently in the midst of planning other visits but has told Stockrisers that he’s definitely taking an official visit to TCU, but is yet to have a date.
The TCU staff has stayed active in the Omoruyi pursuit but schools like Kentucky, Memphis, Pittsburgh, others, are still hanging on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom