CLEVELAND, YES!!!! | The Boneyard

CLEVELAND, YES!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was a great series all the way around. Green became the "bad guy" who was easy to root against. Cleveland made a LOT of adjustments, and not only was the championship made possible by individual great plays, there was some teamwork and some great coaching decisions. So hard for the Cavs to come from 1-3 down to win 3 straight. Golden State must be so disappointed....

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Credit to Cleveland. They made the plays they needed to make. Some are sure to say that the league gets an assist for its "timely" suspension of Green for game 5.

"The NBA wanted a seven-gamer, and they did what they had to do to ensure it."

Don't threaten my firstborn over what I've said above. I only slightly believe it. But I DO think that the league's act will become an asterisk for the record in the years ahead. It will happen, even if it is unfair to the Cavs.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How cool was that to sink a three by Kyrie Erving to get the lead in the last minute of the game. And the unbelievable block by Lebron.
that was definitely an LBJ=OMG block.

LeBron now has as many rings as Larry Legend. Both fared well with those kinds of teammates. LeBron has had the trio of him, Wade, and Bosh (now LeBron, Kyrie, and k-Love), whereas we witnessed a trio of Bird, McHale, and Parish. I think LeBron is very much in Bird's class now. Makes me happy to see the man live up to the hype he experienced in high school. He became a centimillionaire before he'd even played a game in the NBA, but he's given each team he's played for and every company he has endorsed every penny they've paid him.

Now, if only Love and Kyrie hadn't gotten injured in last season's finals; it could well have been much different.

Finally, I've said it before, but how excellent a job did Doris Burke do in the NBA finals? I thought she was fantastic during and after Game 7. Congrats to her.

Reaction Score

LeBron now has as many rings as Larry Legend. Both fared well with those kinds of teammates. LeBron has had the trio of him, Wade, and Bosh (now LeBron, Kyrie, and k-Love), whereas we witnessed a trio of Bird, McHale, and Parish. I think LeBron is very much in Bird's class now. Makes me happy to see the man live up to the hype he experienced in high school. He became a centimillionaire before he'd even played a game in the NBA, but he's given each team he's played for and every company he has endorsed every penny they've paid him.

Now, if only Love and Kyrie hadn't gotten injured in last season's finals; it could well have been much different.

Finally, I've said it before, but how excellent a job did Doris Burke do in the NBA finals? I thought she was fantastic during and after Game 7. Congrats to her.
Reggie Miller said this morning that LaBron has now replaced Larry in his all-time top 5. When asked what it will take for him to replace Michael, he said it can't be done. Jordan's credentials:

6 NBA Finals Appearances
6 NBA Championships
6 NBA Finals MVPs

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reggie Miller said this morning that LaBron has now replaced Larry in his all-time top 5. When asked what it will take for him to replace Michael, he said it can't be done. Jordan's credentials:

6 NBA Finals Appearances
6 NBA Championships
6 NBA Finals MVPs

Doris is good, and getting better with each broadcast. She seamlessly transitions from the NBA and NCAAM to the WNBA and WCBB. And she does this with little or no effort. I guess she's like Howard Cosell. You either loved him, or you hated him. I like Doris.

I loved Cosell on Monday Night Football. He was one of a kind. Cosell liked to impress everyone with his large and extensive vocabulary. Cosell once told Muhammad Ali that he was extremely "truculent". Ali's reply: "I don't know what that is, but if it's good, then I'm that too". :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc