Clemson's next coach Shea Ralph ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clemson's next coach Shea Ralph ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jim Davis did quite well at Clemson. It would be more difficult now with Staley at SC, but still doable. I'd definitely take Clemson over NC State.

Why is that ???

Reaction Score
Ok, I'll say something unpopular.

Do we really know that Shea would be a big loss? I know Geno loves her, which counts for a lot. And I know everyone loves her for what she did as a player at Uconn. But isn't she responsible for our guards? She inherited Renee as a senior, so you can't give her credit for that. The strength of the 2009-10 team was the frontcourt by a country mile. Guard play has been good but not great since, and downright appalling at times this season. I'm not saying that's Shea's fault, and certainly injuries and experience has been part of it. But my question is what evidence is there that she'd be a huge loss or is ready to be a HC somewhere.

Honest question that will probably get bashed, but I'm asking anyway.

Yes, guard play has been a weakness, but consider what Shea has done; helped freshman Bria become sophomore Bria ( I think injuries have more to do with her slump this year than coaching); helped freshman Banks become sophomore Banks (out due to injuries), helped Moriah get into a rhythm later in the season, and has guided Caroline through 3 injuries. Now, how much of that is Shea and how much is the other coaches or the players themselves? I don't know, and i don't think any one but the coaches and players can really answer that.

I think you bring up a good point, that guard play has been a weakness, but I think Shea has also helped develop our guards nicely and guide them. Would another coach have done more or less? We really don't know. I personally think Shea has been an asset and would be a loss if she left, but I think the question you bring up is a valid point. We shall see how we fare next year with the guards if we lose Shea.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
what has any other asst coach in the nation done with their guards

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If you can't see the difference between a couple of schmendrick posters on a messageboard speculating about something and a nationally recognized wcbb figure reporting something, then I can't help you.

I like that word, haven't heard it since my father passed.

Reaction Score
I think they know that... just saying Shea turned BHart into a AA last year

Yes, thank you, that was my point. She helped Bria become an AA her sophomore year. I think her slump this year has more to do with her injury and lack of confidence than coaching.

Reaction Score
Yes, thank you, that was my point. She helped Bria become an AA her sophomore year. I think her slump this year has more to do with her injury and lack of confidence than coaching.
Apologies , misunderstood.

Reaction Score
love her and would miss her but if this is true good for her. One of the best ever. she would have been great in the wnba if she was able to play.

Reaction Score
Why is that ???

Because you're not competing as much with the other NC schools for recruits. Clemson, if you haven't noticed, has still been able to recruit well through its slide. Probably also contributing to that is that Clemson has a GREAT campus. It's a lot like UNC's.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll say something unpopular.

Do we really know that Shea would be a big loss? I know Geno loves her, which counts for a lot. And I know everyone loves her for what she did as a player at Uconn. But isn't she responsible for our guards? She inherited Renee as a senior, so you can't give her credit for that. The strength of the 2009-10 team was the frontcourt by a country mile. Guard play has been good but not great since, and downright appalling at times this season. I'm not saying that's Shea's fault, and certainly injuries and experience has been part of it. But my question is what evidence is there that she'd be a huge loss or is ready to be a HC somewhere.

Honest question that will probably get bashed, but I'm asking anyway.

It's a legitimate question and no one should dump on you for asking it. I don't think the team would miss a lick. This is Auriema and Dailey's team. The assistants merely carry the coaches message.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At the Rutgers game Shea was doing a whole lot of talking during the time outs, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom