@ Clemson Road Trip Suggestions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

@ Clemson Road Trip Suggestions

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wouldn't drink in any dive bars. We had a town cop killed in a bar fight in SC just before COVID.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
If any one is driving along I-95, gotta stop at the SC/NC border and visit Pedro's South of the Border.

there's Fort Pedro Firework Store, Pedro's Leather Shop, Pedro's Hot Tamales, Pedro's Myrtle Beach Gift Shop, Pedro's Pantry East, The Sombrero Tower, Reptile Lagoon, Pedro's West Gift Shop................

You think you're stopping for gas and a whizz and you end up there for 45 minutes in amazement of how America does cheesiness.
South of the Border is getting renovated, I hope it doesn't lose its charm

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
South of the Border is getting renovated, I hope it doesn't lose its charm

I was just there in July.

I mean this kinda says it all. We're talking about an interstate exit gas station and stuff which includes the following being renovated:

Construction on the elevator at the “Sombrero Tower & Arcade"

How do you not stop at a roadside tourist trap which has a Sombrero Tower elevator. On the border of North and South Kakalaki (or however they spell Carolina)?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I thought the charm was in all the road signs. You get there and it's mostly merch that says South of the Border on it. At least Wall Drug had great donuts.
I think they had a reptile house or something like that at one point yeah it’s not the most sophisticated establishment haha

Reaction Score
I played golf at the Clemson home course a few years ago. The starter was complaining about how women were allowed to play the course, then joked (I think?) about them being able to vote. Nice course though. Also, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Esso Club is a great spot - dive bar vibe, live music.

Reaction Score
Their Conference Center next to the course also allows first come first served boat moorings or dock tie ups I think I saw recently. That is one beautiful area. And the mountains are not far away. We once did a team building exercise at Jones State Park above Greenville. Not to mention their airports is really pretty. Funny, you do not think of airports as being pretty.

Reaction Score
clemson.jpg

back online after the road trip back North - great time meeting some of you at Clemson!

Reaction Score
If any one is driving along I-95, gotta stop at the SC/NC border and visit Pedro's South of the Border.

there's Fort Pedro Firework Store, Pedro's Leather Shop, Pedro's Hot Tamales, Pedro's Myrtle Beach Gift Shop, Pedro's Pantry East, The Sombrero Tower, Reptile Lagoon, Pedro's West Gift Shop................

You think you're stopping for gas and a whizz and you end up there for 45 minutes in amazement of how America does cheesiness.
If you’re ever in Texas stop at a bucees place is insane. No trucks allowed, 100 gas pumps, and the inside is like a Walmart/home goods/convenient store with beef jerky/fudge deli and other food combined into one. My Texas buddy said it’s a place you have to stop that sells useless crap and you’ll think I’m insane telling you to stop at a gas station but I must say it was a sight to see

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
In hindsight I have 1 suggestion, leave after kickoff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom