@ Clemson Road Trip Suggestions | The Boneyard

@ Clemson Road Trip Suggestions

Reaction Score
Despite our recent misfortunes - still looking forward to the Death Valley experience in a few weeks!

For those of you that are making the trip, is there a parking lot or area where the UConn fans will be congregating pre-game? I do apologize if this was discussed in another thread but I am working on planning our tailgate and travel plans and wanted to make sure we knew what is going down. Anyone have recommendations on hotels? Greenville the best airport? thanks in advance!

Will be 15 or so in our crew making the trip - hope to see some of you out there!

Reaction Score
Greenville/Spartanburg airport is 45 road miles from the stadium....about 45 minutes...Atlanta Hartsfield is a couple of hours away and about 130 miles.

Flights to Atlanta will be cheaper.

Rent a car...Clemson isn't a city..cheaper than Uber to get around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My brother lives on Lake Hartwell down a couple of miles south from Clemson and we have boated to the stadium...Since I am 90 miles away, I occasionally go with my brother if his wife doesn't want to go.

This late, the hotels actually in Clemson may be booked..Anderson is 18 miles away and has a lot of lodging.

The Smokin' Pig (in Pendleton a few miles south of Clemson) is known for their Barbecue...and a traditional game weekend joint.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We're taking our RV trip to Clemson and will be there Friday - Sunday. We're parking at The Grove which is the RV lot & Campground few miles down the road. Sounds like its a party all weekend, apparently there will be live music and shuttle buses. More than welcome to come find us, we'll be flying UConn flags in a sea of Orange.

Reaction Score
I'll be at my brother's at Clemson this weekend for the FSU-Clemson game (cringe).

Reaction Score
Got the "go to a game" bug and tried to talk better half into road trip to UCF (live in NOLA). No dice. LSU and Tulane don't ring it for this year. So, got tickets for Texas A&M at Mississippi (5 hour road trip). Should be great atmosphere and got tickets on 30 yard line on Mississippi side.
Will advise Mississippi fans (as Hurley might say) "you should have gotten us now" 'cause by 2027 we'll be a force (lucky for Clemson they got us this year).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Given our Transitive win vs Alabama, knocking off Clemson should be in the cards. This would be much shorter if we had just beaten Vandy like we should have.

FCkgrhYXMAQPdMZ.jpg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The Esso Club is supposed to be the party spot, and at least you'll eat some good BBQ

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Got the "go to a game" bug and tried to talk better half into road trip to UCF (live in NOLA). No dice. LSU and Tulane don't ring it for this year. So, got tickets for Texas A&M at Mississippi (5 hour road trip). Should be great atmosphere and got tickets on 30 yard line on Mississippi side.
Will advise Mississippi fans (as Hurley might say) "you should have gotten us now" 'cause by 2027 we'll be a force (lucky for Clemson they got us this year).

You will love the Grove as it is an happening place to be. Remember to stick to 18 miles an hour on campus :)

Reaction Score
thus far it seems our combined groups will be in Lot 14 - any other Husky havens in Death Valley?

Reaction Score
Four of us are flying in Thursday am for the Saturday game also. We have an Airbnb in Easley which is about 20minutes from the Stadium. Would like to enjoy any pregaming /tailgating with fellow Huskies!

Reaction Score
Four of us are flying in Thursday am for the Saturday game also. We have an Airbnb in Easley which is about 20minutes from the Stadium. Would like to enjoy any pregaming /tailgating with fellow Huskies!
20+ in our group will be in lot 14. look for 3 stacked UConn flags flying high

Reaction Score
Here are my suggestions:

Wear black

Bring a stretcher, they may need extras

If you are a health care professional, was combat lifesaver certified in the military, pretended to be a doctor, helped a hurt buddy playing Call of Duty. Then report to the locker room at half time and after the game is over.

Reaction Score
how did anyone get a lot besides C-1 from the Clemson site? I guess Im getting that one, but damn... that looks far away

Reaction Score
Just walk around with your colors on. You will be invited into Clemson tailgates. Follow your nose and you will eat great bbq. Make friends and go back post game. They are some of the best fans in the country. Avoid the clearly drunk and you will have a great time no matter the in game feelings.

Reaction Score
how did anyone get a lot besides C-1 from the Clemson site? I guess Im getting that one, but damn... that looks far away
Bought on stubhub in one of the reserved lots. It’s not cheap tho. It’s my understanding C-1 is the general admission lot and you need to take a shuttle to the stadium so our group wanted no part of that.

Reaction Score
Bought my parking pass on Stubhub as well. Parking in same lot as my brother who is a Clemson season tix holder. Will be True Blue tailgating!

Reaction Score
I’ll also be there. Was supposed to be RVing but now in an AirBNB. Looking forward to seeing some Huskies down south!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If any one is driving along I-95, gotta stop at the SC/NC border and visit Pedro's South of the Border.

there's Fort Pedro Firework Store, Pedro's Leather Shop, Pedro's Hot Tamales, Pedro's Myrtle Beach Gift Shop, Pedro's Pantry East, The Sombrero Tower, Reptile Lagoon, Pedro's West Gift Shop................

You think you're stopping for gas and a whizz and you end up there for 45 minutes in amazement of how America does cheesiness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom