Clearinghouse takes it's time....PC freshman ineligible... | The Boneyard

Clearinghouse takes it's time....PC freshman ineligible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the NCAA was nice enough to let them know before the day of their first game!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, this is outrageous.

It's October 25th. The kid has been on campus for at least two months and if I understand the partial qualifier rules, he will have to leave school if his appeal fails. That is out of line.

If the NCAA can't get their s*** together to make these decisions in a timely manner, then they should step aside and accept whatever the schools' judgments are.

There is a river of duck*ing money flowing through the NCAA - hire enough staff to get the work done so that you're not duck*ing with kids' lives in such an awful manner.

What a twisted organization.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

It's October 25th. The kid has been on campus for at least two months and if I understand the partial qualifier rules, he will have to leave school if his appeal fails. That is out of line.

If the NCAA can't get their s*** together to make these decisions in a timely manner, then they should step aside and accept whatever the schools' judgments are.

There is a river of duck*ing money flowing through the NCAA - hire enough staff to get the work done so that you're not duck*ing with kids' lives in such an awful manner.

What with all the in depth analysis being done on bumping the APR up a notch, there are more important things going on than focusing on the student athletes.

Reaction Score
Its times like this when the conference (what's left of it) need to become one voice and tell the NCAA off. Its crazy that this kid has been on campus, taking classes, practicing with the team and then told you can't play. Why in the hell does it take so long?

Reaction Score
In all fairness what's a 5 foot 6 freshman 2-star point guard gonna do in the Big East conference anyway?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
In all fairness what's a 5 foot 6 freshman 2-star point guard gonna do in the Big East conference anyway?
this is funny
and btw that school.

Reaction Score

Come on, man. Why the hate? That's really not called for. A 5'6" kid getting a D-1 B-ball scholly against the odds is absolutely impressive. He's probably had people telling him "never gonna happen" his whole life. The fact that a he got a BE scholly means plenty. How tall are you? You ever get a BE scholly? Didn't think so. Be an adult and consider what you're typing.

Reaction Score
I am starting to agree with coach K ( I know I can not believe I typed that)- the NCAAs days may be numbered if there continues to be consolidation in the conferences and the super conferences can band together to establish a post season tourney outside of their direction. It might be years off- but I can see it happening.

This is a joke.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Absolutely unfair to the school and the kid.

Reaction Score
Yeah, much as I love a cheap shot at PC, the NCAA still sucks.

Reaction Score

In many cases, rulings are delayed because the school(s) these players attended are unable or unwilling to provide proper documentation. It becomes a real problem when the schools exist mostly to help athletes or when many of their courses are not college-prep courses. If the courses appear to be a joke, then documentation is needed to show they are not. Usually that info is not forthcoming because they weren't college-prep courses in the first place.

In the cases I've known, the NCAA decisions have been rendered quickly - but if the school(s) stonewall, then that won't be the case.

Reaction Score
It's a flawed system. I would rather see the NCAA rule these players ineligible from the start and then clear them later than this debacle. Everyone looks bad.

Reaction Score
This can't be true. I read numerous post in past years that the NCAA clearinghouse only treated UCONN badly. In fact some went so far as to suggest it was a plot agaisnt us. What has PC done to get on the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom