Classy Comment By John Altavilla | The Boneyard

Classy Comment By John Altavilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
John posted this in his blog about KML. I guess he read through the previous thread after the Stanford game? Go John!

• In 10 years, the only thing I hope people will remember about Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, in terms of her college career at UConn, will be that she was the greatest three-point shooter ever to play for the greatest women’s college basketball program in the history of the sport.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Preaching to the choir here. There are very few things she doesn't do well on the court. And she makes a lot of big shots when we need a bucket - 2 or a 3!

Reaction Score
Nice find and I thought it deserved more than just a bunch of likes. Commented to bump up to the top of the board...
Thanks Eric, West, Bay & Geno. I think back to losing her last year (twice) and what she meant to the team once she returned. Her play in the FF stretch was critical. The thread on her Stanford game still sticks in my craw. Her hustle and overall play against ND gave me as much pleasure as the win!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thanks Eric, West, Bay & Geno. I think back to losing her last year (twice) and what she meant to the team once she returned. Her play in the FF stretch was critical. The thread on her Stanford game still sticks in my craw. Her hustle and overall play against ND gave me as much pleasure as the win!
I said this in another thread but bears repeating since it's directly related...

In the ND game, I taped it so I knew the outcome and could concentrate on enjoying what the players were doing (or not doing in the 1st 10 minutes) instead of being a worry wart and spending all my time watching where the ball went if I was watching it live...

KML was just as fast down the court as everyone else not named Moriah Jefferson. Additionally, she has an amazing handle - she dribbles the ball really low and her hands look huge when handling the rock. Lastly, she seemed to be everywhere - hustling especially on defense, at one point diving to the floor trying to knock the ball away from a ND player. She did not seem a step slow to me and looked really solid. She'll never be "cat quick", but she certainly can be effective...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, I've been tracking her progress in terms of three-point shooting, and KML is 90 treys away from John A's stated hope coming to fruition. If K averages three treys a game for the balance of the season, she will get to 393 (and probably more) and be the lone NCAA Division 1 career record holder.

As it stands now, she's only 15 away from Diana's UConn record. Given that, she has to go down as the best three-point shooter in the program's history, though granted D was so clutch with all of her shots (including long-range).

KML stands for Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, of course, but it also stands for Knows Many Languages. And Kaleena knows all the languages of basketball: scoring, rebounding, defense, transition game, deft interior passing. Yep, she's fluent in all aspects of the game, all right.

I will miss the hell out of this kid when this season's over.

Reaction Score
Well, I've been tracking her progress in terms of three-point shooting, and KML is 90 treys away from John A's stated hope coming to fruition. If K averages three treys a game for the balance of the season, she will get to 393 (and probably more) and be the lone NCAA Division 1 career record holder.

As it stands now, she's only 15 away from Diana's UConn record. Given that, she has to go down as the best three-point shooter in the program's history, though granted D was so clutch with all of her shots (including long-range).

KML stands for Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, of course, but it also stands for Knows Many Languages. And Kaleena knows all the languages of basketball: scoring, rebounding, defense, transition game, deft interior passing. Yep, she's fluent in all aspects of the game, all right.

I will miss the hell out of this kid when this season's over.
Well said Alex. It's a shame she missed those games last year as far as the record goes. I agree it'll be fun tracking her towards the all time record!

Reaction Score
Well put. Just like Steph and Bria UCONN fans will miss her next year. She is more than just a 3 point shooter. Lets appreciate her when we can.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I said this in another thread but bears repeating since it's directly related...

In the ND game, I taped it so I knew the outcome and could concentrate on enjoying what the players were doing (or not doing in the 1st 10 minutes) instead of being a worry wart and spending all my time watching where the ball went if I was watching it live...

KML was just as fast down the court as everyone else not named Moriah Jefferson. Additionally, she has an amazing handle - she dribbles the ball really low and her hands look huge when handling the rock. Lastly, she seemed to be everywhere - hustling especially on defense, at one point diving to the floor trying to knock the ball away from a ND player. She did not seem a step slow to me and looked really solid. She'll never be "cat quick", but she certainly can be effective...
I agree with this, yet she did look slow against Stanford and in at least one other game. It will be interesting to see how the rest of her season. As much as I want her to contribute for selfish reasons, I worry a bit if the extra weight that she appears to carrying will end up costing her money in the WNBA draft. As I noted in another thread, she made a crazy athletic play against ND that made me smile all the more because of the recent criticism that she's gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom