OT: - Class of 2019 - Where are they now? | The Boneyard

OT: Class of 2019 - Where are they now?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
In the WNBA thread, there was some discussion regarding Haley Jones finding her way, especially after playing out of position (IMHO). I went back to look at the HS rankings, where they committed, and where they are now. Some news on players was murky, so I may not have everything correct as to status. Here are the top 20, with draft & roster status, if they are still in college, done with college, or ???:
1685539517324.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Does fin mean finish? Cause Sam Brunelle is in Virginia and has one more year.
Yeah - there were some links where I couldn't really tell, however welcome any corrections. My original thought was about Jones, looked up where she was ranked out of HS, and then went down the rabbit hole to see where they are now. Appreciate the update.

Reaction Score
I recall a similar exercise by the Washington Post, which tracked the Top 100 high school football players ten years later to see how they turned out. Something like half of the high school players ended their collegiate careers with severe injuries. Only a few went to the NFL, and only a few of them became stars.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In the WNBA thread, there was some discussion regarding Haley Jones finding her way, especially after playing out of position (IMHO). I went back to look at the HS rankings, where they committed, and where they are now. Some news on players was murky, so I may not have everything correct as to status. Here are the top 20, with draft & roster status, if they are still in college, done with college, or ???:
View attachment 88598
I think Owusu is/was back in the portal

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Yeah - I should have clarified what the ??? meant - a placeholder for undecided as to where she's headed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Some program will pick her up. Her skillset WILL make room for her on somebody's roster.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Does fin mean finish? Cause Sam Brunelle is in Virginia and has one more year.
It seems like only yesterday that Brunell was the toast of the town. She was one of the most highly "touted", hyped, and talked about players in her HS class by most of the national recruiting services. I followed her into college (Notre Dame) just to see how she faired. She never measured up to the hype. I hope her last season at Virginia is a memorable one. Former UConn player Mir McLean will be one of her teammates.

Reaction Score
This class had a lot of great kids; they will be missed in college basketball (at least those who went pro)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom