Class of 2014... | The Boneyard

Class of 2014...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From this set of eyes it looks like the class of 2014 has a real chance to be a great one for UConn. There have already been a few reported visits from kids west of the Mississippi in Ekmark from Arizona and Turner from Texas. How about our own fab 5 to help make up for BH and SD graduating at that point?

Would love a class of, and these are the only 5 kids I have seen mentioned or listing UConn at this point...

1. Jordin Canada from California has been mentioned on the BY a few times, seems to be an elite PG
2. Courtney Ekmark from Arizona visited for ND game, father was COY and her team finished #1
3. Sierra Calhoun from New York has been on campus a few times, her brother is an incoming frosh
4. LaJahna Drummer from California lists UConn on ESPN Hoopgurlz profile, top 10 player
5. Brianna Turner from Texas visited UConn this spring, could be #1 player in this class

I would settle for 60% of these kids at UConn but I can dream right?!?!?!

Great to see UConn being mentioned by such highly ranked prospects.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think any 3 of those 5 would be great.

Sierra is from CTK, and her brother has committed to UConn, so she seems like a near lock.

Brianna has the size and athleticism to be a super, super player. She has to be a priority.

LaJahna, Jordin, and Courtney are all different, but sound really good. I'd take any--or all.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sierra is probably considered a strong lean at this point, and if we could somehow get Turner, that would be a great class right there. Throw in a lower-ranked role player for defensive purposes, and we're all set....!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our 2014 needs depend partly on our 2013 class. The less we get next year, the more we need the folowing year.

Here's the list of our current 2013 commits:

:(

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Our 2014 needs depend partly on our 2013 class. The less we get next year, the more we need the folowing year.

Here's the list of our current 2013 commits:

:(
Yeah.

Well, I think everyone but ND and UNC has a very similar looking list.:)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Milford is right - what we go after in 2014 will shape up after 2013 is settled. but i think Turner and Calhoun are our two biggest targets.

Reaction Score
Milford is right - what we go after in 2014 will shape up after 2013 is settled. but i think Turner and Calhoun are our two biggest targets.
Maybe I am being selfish but I want all 5 regardless of who comes in 2013.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe I am being selfish but I want all 5 regardless of who comes in 2013.
Selfishness is an integral part of being a Boneyarder. Well, for me at least. :D I want them all too!

Some math: We had 11 last year and lost Tiff and Michala. We add Moriah, Morgan, and Breanna. That's 12 now. Next year, we lose Caroline, Heather, and Kelly. That's 9. If we add Saniya, Erica, Linnae, and Karlie, that puts us at 13. The following year, we lose Stef, Bria, and Lauren. That's 10. We still have room for all 5. Bingo!

Reaction Score
Selfishness is an integral part of being a Boneyarder. Well, for me at least. :D I want them all too!

Some math: We had 11 last year and lost Tiff and Michala. We add Moriah, Morgan, and Breanna. That's 12 now. Next year, we lose Caroline, Heather, and Kelly. That's 9. If we add Saniya, Erica, Linnae, and Karlie, that puts us at 13. The following year, we lose Stef, Bria, and Lauren. That's 10. We still have room for all 5. Bingo!

I want full credit when that roster comes out before the 2014-15 season...and wins every game by 25+!!!!

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Drummer is very similar in game to McCall, Canada is very crafty but smaller than Jeferson.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Drummer is very similar in game to McCall, Canada is very crafty but smaller than Jeferson.
Canada is small then.

Keep those Calif. recruits coming our way!

Reaction Score
Sierra is probably considered a strong lean at this point, and if we could somehow get Turner, that would be a great class right there. Throw in a lower-ranked role player for defensive purposes, and we're all set....!!!

Back to the future, all over again.

Is it possible that Sierra and Turner have been offered and we didn't get the memo?

Peace,

John Fryer

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Milford:

If you're thinking of Karlie Samuelson, she's already a verbal for Stanford and no longer available. She won't change her mind as there are family reasons why she's going to Stanford.

For the others that mentioned Courtney Ekmark 2014, Geno has already accepted her verbal and don't see her changing her mind unless something dramatic happens.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Milford:

If you're thinking of Karlie Samuelson, she's already a verbal for Stanford and no longer available. She won't change her mind as there are family reasons why she's going to Stanford.

For the others that mentioned Courtney Ekmark 2014, Geno has already accepted her verbal and don't see her changing her mind unless something dramatic happens.

Milford's post was from over 2 weeks ago, probably prior to Samuelson verbaling and certainly before Ekmark verballed to UConn.

Milford is always up to date on events like that.

John Fryer bumped the thread today, so that probably confused you.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Something tells me that Turner stays in Texas...and very possibly at Texas, although Baylor would be a much better fit for her. ;) I'll take Turner in 2014 and McCowan in 2015.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Something tells me that Turner stays in Texas...and very possibly at Texas, although Baylor would be a much better fit for her. ;)

Nah....Turner is much more like Charles than she is Griner. You can have the next 6'8" center. UConn will take the 6'3" post.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Nah....Turner is much more like Charles than she is Griner. You can have the next 6'8" center. UConn will take the 6'3" post.

I want her at the 4 and 6-7 McCowan at center.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Let it be known and documented that if McCowan reaches 6-8 that DD has already said that Baylor can have her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Turner has a high school teammate, Jordan Hosey, that is on the 2015 watch list. She sounds big and athletic. Maybe she follows Turner. She also has a connection to Washington, the new UT assistant.

Duncanville-Oct. 11: Young athlete with great size (6-2) for the forward position. Offensively she is best when around the basket and finishing in traffic. If she can continue to add to her skill set she has a chance to be special down the line. (Moore)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford:

This thread is 2+ weeks old, from well before Ekmark committed. In terms of Californians, I was thinking generally, but McCall and Cooper would be good gets.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford's post was from over 2 weeks ago, probably prior to Samuelson verbaling and certainly before Ekmark verballed to UConn.

Milford is always up to date on events like that.

John Fryer bumped the thread today, so that probably confused you.
Thanks DD, but I do fall behind sometimes. I hear that KML kid at Mater Dei is pretty good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom