Clamps - The D is truly impressive. No easy shots. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clamps - The D is truly impressive. No easy shots.

Reaction Score
What if someone hits 5 or 6 of your so called “bad shots” in a row. Which is what happened. Do you really think giving the other other team 10 or 12 free points is “just fundamental basketball stuff”?

I guess you didn’t see the game. He made every single shot he took from the top of the key, and there was no one near him every time. So much for “you can simply adjust”. Lol

:rolleyes:
This is not what happened. You're just forgetting the ones he missed and overemphasizing the 3 he made.

And again, they're not "free points." They were contested. We didn't just hand him the shot.

Reaction Score
This is not what happened. You're just forgetting the ones he missed and overemphasizing the 3 he made.

And again, they're not "free points." They were contested. We didn't just hand him the shot.
Are you kidding me? There was no one near the guy. He had one dunk, made a couple of FT’s, one off the glass, and the rest were outside shots from the key area. I counted at least 4, maybe 5 that were made, not three. He did miss one or two down the stretch when time was running out IIRC. I did record the game but have not had the chance to go over it. They were definitely not contested, there was no one near him when he took those shots from the key area.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? There was no one near the guy. He had one dunk, made a couple of FT’s, one off the glass, and the rest were outside shots from the key area. I counted at least 4, maybe 5 that were made, not three. He did miss one or two down the stretch when time was running out IIRC. I did record the game but have not had the chance to go over it. They were definitely not contested, there was no one near him when he took those shots from the key area.
3 foul line jumpers we were talking about specifically.
What if someone hits 5 or 6 of your so called “bad shots” in a row. Which is what happened. Do you really think giving the other other team 10 or 12 free points is “just fundamental basketball stuff”?

I guess you didn’t see the game. He made every single shot he took from the top of the key, and there was no one near him every time. So much for “you can simply adjust”. Lol
And they were all contested. He missed at least one from there too.

Reaction Score

:rolleyes:

Between posts like this and the one saying we'll need to bring the defense to beat Alabama "again" because we won't be able to score with a team that we already beat by 15 points and put up 82 on . . .

They beat Butler by 22 points and the complaint is, what? Manny Bates hit a couple jump shots? I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that, as good as this team is, there won't be any shutouts this season.

Reaction Score
He made every single shot he took from the top of the key, and there was no one near him every time. So much for “you can simply adjust”. Lol
Are you kidding me? There was no one near the guy. I counted at least 4, maybe 5 that were made, not three. He did miss one or two down the stretch when time was running out IIRC. I did record the game but have not had the chance to go over it. They were definitely not contested, there was no one near him when he took those shots from the key area.
butler-manny.png

The receipts:
1H 14:37 Sanogo contests fadeaway midrange jumper from baseline bench side but made.
1H 05:43 Sanogo closes out a little late on the FT line pop after helping Jackson in lane and doesn't have his hands up.
2H 17:54 Sanogo contested and he missed from FT line.
2H 13:08 Clingan contested midrange jumper from bench side and he missed.
2H 10:17 Bates also made a floater off a great pass from Lukosius that was more of a mid paint floater, not a FT line jumper. But I considered this the 3rd FT line area make. Clingan gets a late, ineffective contest, but it was a brilliant pass.
2H 07:30 Sanogo contests but he makes from FT line.

The other one he missed from the circle was more of a contested long hook shot.

Bonus:
1H 03:47 Sanogo contests their backup center Thomas misses from beyond FT line.

Made 3 from around the FT line area, 1 from the baseline wing. Of the 4 makes, 2 were strongly contested, and the 2 misses were both strongly contested. 4/6 strongly contested.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom