City of Greensboro vs. Jim Boeheim | The Boneyard

City of Greensboro vs. Jim Boeheim

Reaction Score
IMG_1770.JPG

Reaction Score
It's tough to take an L to the city if Greensboro, but Boeheim just pulled it off.

Reaction Score
The ACC is founded and headquartered in Greensboro but that doesn't matter in the eyes of this whining, nose-picking newbie. He is such an entitled POS. He is literally my least favorite person in college basketball.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's wrong.

The tournament belongs in Greensboro because the entire freaking conference save a few outliers is relatively close to there.

Ridiculous is putting that hayseed circus in Brooklyn.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The ACC is founded and headquartered in Greensboro but that doesn't matter in the eyes of this whining, nose-picking newbie. He is such an entitled POS. He is literally my least favorite person in college basketball.
Come on, if it were Calhoun saying it we'd be fully behind it.

Boeheim is old and--as he said in the quote-- doesn't give a s** anymore. What he's saying is part sour grapes, but also I agree with him. It's really a lame place for the ACC tournament to take place. I admire coaches for saying what they think if they think something's wrong.

Let's be real, if we were in the ACC, we'd be probably saying the same thing, wishing the ACC tournament felt more like the Big East tournament.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Bahahahaha way to go One Time Home of the Hartford Whalers.

Reaction Score
Come on, if it were Calhoun saying it we'd be fully behind it.

Boeheim is old and--as he said in the quote-- doesn't give a s** anymore. What he's saying is part sour grapes, but also I agree with him. It's really a lame place for the ACC tournament to take place. I admire coaches for saying what they think if they think something's wrong.

Let's be real, if we were in the ACC, we'd be probably saying the same thing, wishing the ACC tournament felt more like the Big East tournament.

If Calhoun claimed the BET should be in Storrs, I would find a way to rationalize his dumb comments. And yea, I am always in favor of local UCONN games. But looking at this as a semi-objective outsider, I think the ACC tournament should be in their heartland. If they want the tournament in a less lame place, compromise and go to Charlotte. Brooklyn hosting the tournament is absurd, which fits in line with CBB nowadays.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If Calhoun claimed the BET should be in Storrs, I would find a way to rationalize his dumb comments. And yea, I am always in favor of local UCONN games. But looking at this as a semi-objective outsider, I think the ACC tournament should be in their heartland. If they want the tournament in a less lame place, compromise and go to Charlotte. Brooklyn hosting the tournament is absurd, which fits in line with CBB nowadays.
Brooklyn hosting the tournament is really not absurd, I don't see how it is. It's inconvenient for many local fans. But other than that, what's absurd about it? The ACC is a brand, and a massive brand at that. If I'm the commissioner I would absolutely put my conference on the biggest platform possible in a media hub. The exposure at that time of year for every team in that conference would be massive.

I'm absolutely in favor of the tournament being within traveling distance for local fans (we are spoiled by that as UConn basketball fans), but to suggest moving it to a massive hub like Brooklyn is not absurd.

Reaction Score
Brooklyn hosting the tournament is really not absurd, I don't see how it is. It's inconvenient for many local fans. But other than that, what's absurd about it? The ACC is a brand, and a massive brand at that. If I'm the commissioner I would absolutely put my conference on the biggest platform possible in a media hub. The exposure at that time of year for every team in that conference would be massive.

I'm absolutely in favor of the tournament being within traveling distance for local fans (we are spoiled by that as UConn basketball fans), but to suggest moving it to a massive hub like Brooklyn is not absurd.

I have my opinion and you have yours. I see the benefits of hosting in BK.

Reaction Score
The ACC should be playing there tournament in NYC, Atlanta, or DC. Boehiem is right, and we should be part of that !!!! I only hope the winds of change somehow sweep us into that at some point in the near future.

Reaction Score
Wake Forest vs BC tonight -- guarantee there's going to be at least 3 drunken-hick SU fans that aren't capable of finding an exit. Best part is, Syracuse fans will outnumber wake and BC fans -- 3 to 1.

Reaction Score
Does this guy ever NOT complain? He is always bitching about something.

BTW, cuse DO NOT belong in the dance this year. Same with Vandy, msu and gtech. I want to see more deserving mid majors who have had solid seasons. Not some boring 18-14 or 17-15 or 18-13 team.

Reaction Score
Good coaches like Boeheim or Cronin make themselves look like such children complaining about things right after each of their losses.

KO may have brought us some painful and embarrassing losses this year, but at least he doesn't make excuses or get all pissy afterwards.

Have some dignity if you're a HOF coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom