City of Greensboro vs. Jim Boeheim | Page 2 | The Boneyard

City of Greensboro vs. Jim Boeheim

Reaction Score
What is it with coaches whose team is in a new conference whining about where the tournament is located? When the Big XII first started Tejas was complaining about the tournament being in Kansas City and how it should be in Dallas. Sure enough, one year it was moved to Dallas and attendance was craptacular. The tournament was moved around a bit, but now it is back in Kansas City where the building is sold out for pretty much every game.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He's wrong.

The tournament belongs in Greensboro because the entire freaking conference save a few outliers is relatively close to there.

Ridiculous is putting that hayseed circus in Brooklyn.
Hayseed circus. LOL

Reaction Score
He's still an insufferable whiner. Can't wait until his three year retirement tour is over, what a little b--ch.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Brooklyn hosting the tournament is really not absurd, I don't see how it is. It's inconvenient for many local fans. But other than that, what's absurd about it? The ACC is a brand, and a massive brand at that. If I'm the commissioner I would absolutely put my conference on the biggest platform possible in a media hub. The exposure at that time of year for every team in that conference would be massive.

I'm absolutely in favor of the tournament being within traveling distance for local fans (we are spoiled by that as UConn basketball fans), but to suggest moving it to a massive hub like Brooklyn is not absurd.

Boston College Georgia Tech NC State
Clemson Louisville Notre Dame
Duke Miami Pitt
Florida State North Carolina Syracuse

I don't see that any of the teams are in traveling distance except BC (who will probably not be in it) and Cuse.'

This would kind of be like having the AAC tournament in LA.

Reaction Score
Boston College Georgia Tech NC State
Clemson Louisville Notre Dame
Duke Miami Pitt
Florida State North Carolina Syracuse

I don't see that any of the teams are in traveling distance except BC (who will probably not be in it) and Cuse.'

This would kind of be like having the AAC tournament in LA.
Video killed the radio star.
God I miss the Big East.

Reaction Score
Jefferson Davis is rolling in his grave at the thought of the ACC tourney in the den of Yanks

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Two competing factual statements.

Boeheim is correct. It's better for ACC tournament to be in major media markets like NYC, Washington DC and Atlanta. Unfortunately ACC only exists in one of those three cities.

Greensboro and North Carolina are logical locations based on league offices, history and being centrally located for many of the schools.

Reaction Score
Boeheim is a newbie to the conference despite him being in the league for years. I think he has to take a back seat to the issue. Didnt Cuse bail for the ACC once they got an invite?

Reaction Score
Greensboro team mocks Boeheim remarks

Pretty funny stuff. The Greensboro minor league baseball team is going to give $20 worth of food and drink to anyone who shows up with a driver's license that says Syracuse. The Jim Boeheim (No) Value Night.

Reaction Score
Indiana VS Iowa earlier......IN WASHINGTON DC. Conference realignment has been worse than AIDS

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Indiana VS Iowa earlier.IN WASHINGTON DC. Conference realignment has been worse than AIDS

No matter how bad CR is and has been, not even Lionel Hutz would claim that it's been worse than AIDS.

Reaction Score
This is so stupidly emblematic of the problem with basketball conferences.
A. SYRACUSE IS WHAT SHOULDN'T BE IN THE ACC U STUPID F-ROCK
B. Conference tourneys where they've been draw crowds and are fun. Yes Greensboro is small without much going on, but ACC fans are used to booking trips there every year and have a good time and enthusiastically cheer their teams/schools on. MORE COLLEGE STUDENTS CAN GO! What else do you need?
C. TV accomplishes the rest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom