Cincy v Memphis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cincy v Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course that is not true.

I have gone back and watched a bunch of plays from the Missouri UConn game. It was a very fun game. Loved seeing Shireffs and re-looking at our DLine.

But, I was impressed with what Tommy Tuberville and Justin Fuentes are doing at their respective schools. This is very good to see. More fun than watching Illinois or Indiana? Probably.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So 53-46 games are "good football" but 9-6 games are lousy. I realize that it's easier and more enjoyable for people to watch bad defense but in reality it's just as bad as a putrid offense.

Completely agree. I see no difference in watching a 9-6 game versus a 53-46 game. In both games, there were two teams that excelled in one area and were putrid in the other. I know we live in a NBA world where everyone loves to watch offense, but from strictly a dramatic perspective, both games were fun to watch.

I know I'm ol' fashioned and boring but I like defense. I realize that the sport is moving in the complete opposite direction from what I like, but for my money, there is nothing more deflating than watching someone else's offense drive right down the field against your team's defense with no/little resistance. Maybe I've been a UConn fan for too long and am used to mediocre/bad offense, but I kind of think putting together a scoring drive against a very good defense is more dramatic to watch than constantly moving the ball against a horrendous defense.

That said, I did watch the entire game last night but for the same reasons I would watch a 9-6 game: because it was dramatic and close. I felt bad for those Memphis fans who were making noise on defense for absolutely no reason. It was just by pure luck (and a bad decision) that they were able to stop Cinci on a very flukey turnover. If it weren't for that play, I am 100% confident that Cinci would have scored a TD on that drive...and perhaps Memphis would have answered in the remaining 10 seconds!

Reaction Score
Hayden Moore has a heck of a future. Three more years left it's kind of scary how good he is in his first season. Pocket presence was off the hook. His mechanics and presence were better than either of the kids bama had at qb saturday night v old miss. I think they(bama) may have offered him late, but Cincy grabbed another southern recruit, and it looks to be a winner. They also have another bama qb who was rated higher and is being redshirted this year. Bama must be a good place to go for qb's.

Reaction Score
I don't think we're capable of calling the defenses putrid.......at this point.

Now if UConn were to play at this point in time and scored 50 points....I would whole heartedly agreed Memphis and Cincy defense isn't that good. UConn has trouble scoring 20-20+ points going four games into the season.

We will all find out how good Cincy offense is, or how good UConns defense is when they meet later this year.

Don't forget, as often as both teams inflicted injuries on the other team last night, I do believe at one point the commentators suggested how many freshmen were in the game. That also can explain a lot.

Reaction Score
Cincy and Memphis deserve kudos for their offense. None for their defense. Tomorrow, our offense will match the intensity of our defense. Tomorrow our future as a program to be reckoned with begins. Be there to witness it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Some ratings:
Clemson/Louisville same slot 1.95 million viewers

Cinci/Memphis 1.24 million.

FSU/BC Friday w no NFL. 3.15 million.

Reaction Score
Some ratings:
Clemson/Louisville same slot 1.95 million viewers

Cinci/Memphis 1.24 million.

FSU/BC Friday w no NFL. 3.15 million.