Cincy - UGA | The Boneyard

Cincy - UGA

Reaction Score
Loved beating the Bearcats no matter which sport was being played. Now rooting hard for the G5 “champs” and former Husky Darrian Beavers to put a beatdown on the SEC football snobs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So far pretty even with the SEC darling, but clearly Cincy has some challenges with their overall speed. As the game wears on and they lose a step, I wonder if Cincy’s D can keep up.

Reaction Score
Bearcats wearing down. Need to find some gas in the tank and hold on in last 4 min.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UGA needs about 47 yards from their 20 to get into FG range, bit over minute and half left. I'm worried for Cincy.

Reaction Score
One of those games, an OT tie would not have lacked in appeal just for the respective whining from both schools' fans.

Reaction Score
Wow. Georgia kicker with a career long 54 yarder to win it for the Bulldogs. Cincy defense played great all game but couldn’t do it all themselves. Cincy offense shut down after the long TD run in the 3rd.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cincy coach messed up clock management. Left way too much time on clock. Player caught pass and went OB for no reason and QB twice snapped ball with :10 seconds left on play clock.
I think the Cincy player staying down at 15 secs left forcing the final TO also contributed.

It would've been funny if GA completed the long pass and the receiver went down at the 2 yard line. Not sure GA could've gotten down there and set up for a spike in time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cincinnati screed themselves with those offensive penalties.
METZ
Tough spot for the kid, having the starter tossed like that. Makes you wonder how much work the backups got in preparation for this. I counted three Metz penalties, all at crucial spots.

Reaction Score
Cincy coach messed up clock management. Left way too much time on clock. Player caught pass and went OB for no reason and QB twice snapped ball with :10 seconds left on play clock.
And sholldnt have thrown ball on third down 40 seconds runoff if you don’t get the fist down by running i s too important with a minute and half left

Reaction Score
Tough spot for the kid, having the starter tossed like that. Makes you wonder how much work the backups got in preparation for this. I counted three Metz penalties, all at crucial spots.
Good point about the starter.

Reaction Score
Cincy’s offensive play calling was atrocious in the second half. They rarely ran the ball with intention. The one time they did was a long touchdown. They had the game won and squandered it. Clock management was even worse. ps —Loved seeing former Husky LB Beavers doing well.

Reaction Score
Yup. Killed them in major spots. Got to be ready to play. Feel bad for him, but false starts are a football sin.

Reaction Score
Cincy offense, after they scored point 21, looked like they wanted to emulate the traditional UConn offense - inept, "you gotta be kidding", and punt.
Went into a prevent win offense... our speciality. All kidding aside, the O-Line wilted and gassed out.

Reaction Score
Really exciting finish...

Those Dawgs. Let the opponent sniff the sweet smell of victory and then snatch the plate off the table and run off with it.

Make it 9-0-1 for Cincinnati...I'll mark that one up as a MV in the final column.

They played well.....some great games so far in the bowls...

Reaction Score
The targeting Call killed Cincy. Backup tackle had a total meltdown and I hated the call. It may have been a late hit or roughing but to eject the young man for that play which was a late push was just horrible. After that it was poor playcalling and amateur clock management down the stretch. The OC and the coaches totally abandoned what was working and tried to get cute. Throwing behind the los in short yardage drives me nuts as well as keeping your weapons on the sidelines in crucial situations. The QB read option worked then disappeared. Throwing when GA had no timeouts left was insane. But still a nice showing despite their missing the top RB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom