Cincy officially groveling | The Boneyard

Cincy officially groveling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/app...CLUSIVE-UC-touts-Nippert-overhaul-bid-woo-ACC

Here's the text:
The University of Cincinnati is about to spend its first $2 million on design for a new pavilion at Nippert Stadium, a project it’s actively pitching as it tries to win entry to a different athletic conference.

In January, UC sent a video description of the $70 million project to all of the Atlantic Coast Conference presidents, the latest sign that it’s still campaigning for a spot in that league.

“Located in the heart of our campus, Nippert shines as one of the nation’s oldest college football venues,” UC President Santa Ono wrote. “I invite you to watch the enclosed DVD to learn more about our exciting plans.”

Ono also continues to participate actively in planning for a new television contract for the Big East Conference, according to emails obtained by The Enquirer through the Ohio Open Records Act.

After announced defections from seven basketball-playing schools, plus Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Louisville, Notre Dame and Rutgers, the Big East is struggling to remain a viable part of the nation’s big-time sports stratosphere.

UC has been pitching itself as a potential ACC member since last fall. It earns only $6.7 million a year from its Big East television contract but could double or triple that take in the ACC.

As part of the process of selling UC to ACC member schools, Ono sent also sent holiday cards to each of the ACC presidents.

UC’s governing trustees will vote today on the design money for Nippert Stadium. The renovation is a key part of the plan, allowing UC athletics to generate millions of dollars that it could reinvest in scholarships and facilities.

The project details include:

• Cost: $70 million to $75 million

• Scope: Adding about 1,200 box seats, 44 loge boxes and 28 private suites

• Timing: Completion targeted for August 2015

• Funding: UC would borrow the money and pay the bonds using private gifts and ticket revenue from the athletic department. Officials have said no general tuition funds will be used.

Reaction Score
Christmas cards? I love that they have this hundred gajillion dollar plan and they're excited to announce they're actually spending 2 mil. They fail to mention they have zero funding and it's clear they will still be hard pressed to find it even if they get an invite.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
But they are showing desire and a plan. I'm not going to be one of the folks here that assumes that since we haven't heard of something similar, nothing is being done on UConn's behalf... We don't know. But it better be getting done. They send a DVD, we send a Blu-Ray. They send a card, we send a fruit basket. Whatever it takes to make Cinci look worse than us- everything is fair game. #BegHarder

Reaction Score
Another Ono out to ruin the band. Who would have guessed?

Does this make Uconn Paul or Ringo? Maybe George. He was always the quiet one.

Reaction Score
"• Funding: UC would borrow the money and pay the bonds using private gifts and ticket revenue from the athletic department. Officials have said no general tuition funds will be used"

So what's the ticket revenue used for now?

Reaction Score
We're playing the long game (because we can't get where we want to be in the short game). We're winning winners.

pj

Reaction Score
But they are showing desire and a plan. I'm not going to be one of the folks here that assumes that since we haven't heard of something similar, nothing is being done on UConn's behalf... We don't know. But it better be getting done. They send a DVD, we send a Blu-Ray. They send a card, we send a fruit basket. Whatever it takes to make Cinci look worse than us- everything is fair game. #BegHarder

A fruit basket from Susan Herbst might be just what is needed for Cincy to get an ACC invite.

Reaction Score
If someone linked a report that were were freaking sending Christmas cards to the ACC presidents, I am pretty sure it would break the boneyard.

I actually heard Rutgers got thier B1G invite by sending Delaney a cake and had Snookie pop out of it.

Reaction Score
Where is begging going to get us really. They are behing the times with their stadium. We already have an awesome one that has plenty of quality beer stands in it. I am laughing at Cincinnati right now.

Reaction Score
It may be viewed as 'begging', but being proactive is surely better than just trying to sit back and look pretty, no?

Spend money to make money. Wallflowers don't get asked to dance. Etc.

Reaction Score
If someone linked a report that were were freaking sending Christmas cards to the ACC presidents, I am pretty sure it would break the boneyard.

I actually heard Rutgers got thier B1G invite by sending Delaney a cake and had Snookie pop out of it.

They have Snookie, we have this months Playboy centerfold. Wonder if she's a UConn fan...?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hah, it's obvious that Cinci's pandering is a sign weakness, while our own stoic New England silence is proof that we are positive that we are next in line. I mean really that's got to work this time, right? It's just got to.
Depression.jpg

Reaction Score
I really hope that Herbst's Christmas card list had a decidedly midwest flavor to it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is it a rule that for a team in a league to contact another league they need to have a reason of some sort??? so the xmas card was a excuse to contact the acc with a "present".

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
"• Funding: UC would borrow the money and pay the bonds using private gifts and ticket revenue from the athletic department. Officials have said no general tuition funds will be used"

So what's the ticket revenue used for now?
I'm guessing that they're referring to ticket revenue from the new box seats.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Think about this - Cincy has a plan to spend 70-75 million to add what, 2-3,000 seats? And they'll still have a smaller stadium than us. What would it cost to expand the Rent by 10-15k - $40 million? We know that the concrete footings are in place.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I am preparing the next DVD that Cincinnati will be sending to the ACC.

While the cover will say "Exciting News from Cincy!", it'll be donkey .

I'll work on Cincy's Easter cards next week.

cincy will et a invite before uconn ever does(that they accept). keep laughing it up. i think its good for them that they are pushing to make sure they end up in the 4th best conf.

U

UConn9604

Maybe Cincy knows something we don't (see other thread about Big Ten rumors going to ACC members).

Or, maybe we know what they know, too.

Reaction Score
Hah, it's obvious that Cinci's pandering is a sign weakness, while our own stoic New England silence is proof that we are positive that we are next in line. I mean really that's got to work this time, right? It's just got to.
Depression.jpg

It's that quite confidence. It works every time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104