Cincy -- A Scheduling Debacle More Than Anything | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincy -- A Scheduling Debacle More Than Anything

Reaction Score
been a scheduling debacle 10 of the last 11 times we've played each other i suppose.

Hey, take it easy. We're looking for any reasonable or even unreasonable excuse.
Great game by your boy Mick last night. Big win in a hostile environment facing at least one lottery pick freshman, maybe two. Fun to see a guy averaging two points per game hit 7 three's to score 21 and seal the win.

Reaction Score
I'll give you one reason for the differnce vs. last year, Vogt. You could have played that game anywhere the other night and unless Hurley has a plan to stop him they're not winning that game. HIs stats 19/6 80% from the field are great, but up close you could see all the resources he was taking up under the glass. It's one of the reasons the 4 had so many rebounds.

This kind of efficiency can turn a so/so offensive team into a difficult offensive matchup:

"UC junior center Chris Vogt ranks sixth in the nation and first in The American, shooting 68.6 percent (70 of 102) from the field. He has shot at least 50 percent from the floor in 12 of 13 games this season while scoring in double figures in 12 consecutive contests. His field-goal shooting percentage currently ranks first in school history for a single season. "

Vogt will undoubtedly win most improved player in the universe. 4 points a game at NKU last year and now this...........

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
been a scheduling debacle 10 of the last 11 times we've played each other i suppose.

32 times I believe

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Scheduling was a factor - UConn played too many cupcakes before the 1st league game
UConn was unprepared for this game - pure and simple
Scheduling the game an anomaly? Just don't buy into that
Maybe the AAC schedulers knew in advance that UConn would flee so they stiffed them - that I would buy!!!

Reaction Score
Historically UConn never fared very well, even under Calhoun with early games on the weekends. Party school is/was the myth. This rationale/excuse occurs randomly as well, most legendary instance is Donyell's NCAA FT debacle.
Who knows what 12/31/19 curfew was, but the Cincy guys seemed like they lifted weights and drank muscle milk on new years eve whereas the UConn guys performance seemed inspired by jello shots and cheap tequila.

Reaction Score
Vogt will undoubtedly win most improved player in the universe. 4 points a game at NKU last year and now this...........

He's an interesting case as he was nowhere on the recruiting horizon when their coach got him at Northern Ky. He's done a heck of job in a short period of time developing him. Interest stat from Tuesday i saw on twitter re: how much impact a guy has on a game:

Chris Vogt was on the floor vs. UConn for 48 possessions: UC scored 57 points.
Chris Vogt was off the floor vs. UConn for 25 possessions: UC scored 10 points.

Reaction Score
Although I think the idea of a scheduling debacle is a stretch, there's no question that it being their first road game was a big factor. College teams are routinely terrible on the road and almost every major upset of a ranked team comes when the favorite is on the road.

BTW...that's not an excuse for the lack of urgency, energy and passion they came in with on Weds.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
This team has won nothing, accomplished nothing, never played so much as one post season game. The least accomplished cast of characters at Uconn since before the parents of my grandchildren were born

I'm sorry, but they shouldn't look past St Joseph's of West Hartford

I hope you're right, because I'm tired of losing. I remain optimistic, but a lot less optimistic than I was on New Year's Eve

A few more games like that and I'm going to retake the XL renovation survey. FIRGETABOUTIT

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure our scheduler for next year won't make the mistake of allowing Cincy at home in our first conference game of '20-'21. :eek:

Reaction Score
Lets keep making excuses:

It was NeW Years Day.....
These are Ollies Guys....
Cincy Players are big and bad......
Our Cheerleaders are below average...

Reaction Score
I agree that the schedule did them no favors but at least be competitive. There is no excuse for not showing up in the conference opener.

Reaction Score
What scheduling? We play a road game and their bigs spend the night making 3 foot shots. We had no plan for that?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Which of those statements is NOT true?

Reaction Score

Excuse me? Until we have power here on the internets to affect positive change thru critical accountability, You can excuse our behavior.

Reaction Score
I think the lesson in this loss and the previous ones the past several years is simple. Until we develop or acquire some kids down low who can score and bang on both boards it will be mixed results. It's hard to consistently produce offensively when you are relying more on finesse/shooting than getting high % looks and ft's. Uconn just hasn't had a kid in while you could count on down on the block to cause other teams angst. Some games you have to rely on that to win or even compete. It's priority 1 in my mind.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I agree that there was some bad scheduling involved. We shouldn't be warming up for a road game at Cinci with back to back to back cupcakes. We were completely unprepared on that front.

Reaction Score
What a scheduling debacle, again, with this 2pm start

@Chief00 knows the neurophysiology of college athletes as it pertains to their performance. These early afternoon starts are awful. These kids don’t wake up until 11:11!

Reaction Score
I have friends at both NOAA and NASA. I was told there was a weird Earth rotation anomaly with very strong effect on the west coast of Florida. The anomaly would be particularly disruptive to anyone who does not live in the effected zone. The anomaly will cause issues with balance, offensive sets, defensive positioning, and shot making. Coaching ability will be greatly disrupted. These effects would be magnified for anyone that ever had a conversation with Kevin Ollie.

The President and Governor were briefed this morning.

Reaction Score
I have friends at both NOAA and NASA. I was told there was a weird Earth rotation anomaly with very strong effect on the west coast of Florida. The anomaly would be particularly disruptive to anyone who does not live in the effected zone. The anomaly will cause issues with balance, offensive sets, defensive positioning, and shot making. Coaching ability will be greatly disrupted. These effects would be magnified for anyone that ever had a conversation with Kevin Ollie.

The President and Governor were briefed this morning.

ok Kyrie irving

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom