Cincinnati UK game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati UK game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's not going to be a neutral court for Kentucky this entire tournament. They are going to flat out pack these arenas for their team.
They're also never leaving the midwest. Louisville, to Cleveland, to Indianapolis.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I agree. But it's going to take a talented team to beat them. I'm not saying it's a lock that they'll win it all.
They also probably should have lost to ole miss and Texas a&m both who aren't very talented so yeah all it should take is a team to get hot and frustrate UK.

Reaction Score
DogMania said:
You you gotta hand it to Kentucky. They have one heck of a fan base.

I think a number of teams would be able to pack an in state arena as the number one team in an undefeated season. The thing is they will do the same thing in Cleveland next week too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Didn't realize Rohrssen was working with UK. He was a solid recruiter for Pitt, getting all the NYC kids that Howland built an actual program around.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And there will be no AAC teams in the Sweet 16 this year.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I hate UK so much right now... I hope they all break their legs Kevin Ware style...

Reaction Score
Cincy played them tough and pretty much proved if someone can do the same and make some shots, I think they can make them press and fall apart. Sorry, they will be taken!

Reaction Score
You would think we would be able to sell the fact our program kept Kentucky from winning 2 additional titles during their reign of terror. They have been the top team in this sport going on 5 years. If you want to beat them why not go to the program that has done it when it counts? Hobbs? Miller? Moore? Bueller? You have a lot to work with guys.

Reaction Score
Nelson probably thinks it is a conspiracy even though these locations were probably chosen half a decade ago or more.

If UConn or Gonzaga or Arizona or insert team name here (aside from UNC, Duke, Kentucky or Kansas), they would've sent them to another region than have such a ridiculously easy home area advantage.

Reaction Score
If UConn or Gonzaga or Arizona or insert team name here (aside from UNC, Duke, Kentucky or Kansas), they would've sent them to another region than have such a ridiculously easy home area advantage.
What?

Look at the 4 1 seeds. Who else would want to play there? Maybe Duke, probably Wisconsin. But UK deserved it. And if UConn were the Top 1 seed, you're goshdarn right we'd get the location that makes the most sense.

Regions: Syracuse, Los Angeles, Houston, Cleveland.

They were the 1 seed, so of course they got the best location. And they don't play in Louisville during the regular season, so that's why they'd be there.

We've been in Boston and Worcester before. It's just that CT is small, and Kentucky is relatively large.

Reaction Score
I stand by what I said. Tobacco Road or the Ks will be given the smoothest ride possible, whereas other teams will be sent packing if a "golden road" presents itself like it has for Kentucky.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Do Kentucky fans realize their team is almost all African American? Liberal use of the n-word in the arena this afternoon in describing some of our players.

Reaction Score
Do Kentucky fans realize their team is almost all African American? Liberal use of the n-word in the arena this afternoon in describing some of our players.
Can you clarify what you are saying?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
You you gotta hand it to Kentucky. They have one heck of a fan base.
Ya....well.... There's else to do in Kentucky, college bball is pretty much what they live for. The other main attraction in the state is Walmart

Reaction Score
There's a weird mental jujitsu that some of these people have to go through to pull for that team.

Adolf Rupp was not a nice, welcoming man...

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Unfortunately the liberal use of the n-word is an undesired symptom of being an inbred, it's not entirely their fault, they were born that way;)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Not true. It my understand that a lot of the local Louisville restaurants have live sex shows.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You would think we would be able to sell the fact our program kept Kentucky from winning 2 additional titles during their reign of terror. They have been the top team in this sport going on 5 years. If you want to beat them why not go to the program that has done it when it counts? Hobbs? Miller? Moore? Bueller? You have a lot to work with guys.

High school kids don't give a about championships. They want to go to the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom