Cincinnati @ UConn - 4/28 @3p, 4/29 @1p & 4/30 @12p | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati @ UConn - 4/28 @3p, 4/29 @1p & 4/30 @12p

Reaction Score
Poulin gets out of the 9th with a strikeout. PJ gets his first save, and UConn the win. Poulin may be developing the Montgomerie knack of getting in and out of trouble with positive results.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We played well today except for Hill. Hill single-handedly tried to kill us. Get him off the field.

Good bullpen performances today!

Reaction Score
We played well today except for Hill. Hill single-handedly tried to kill us. Get him off the field.

Good bullpen performances today!

Very unusual year for Penders this season, who usually develops a set lineup by the middle of the season. This year he hasn't with the continuing shuttles going on at 2B and CF, and occasionally at 1B and DH as well. I expect the 2B/CF shuttles to continue unless someone goes off and absolutely grabs the job.

Reaction Score
Heading into today... Go Bulls/Pirates/Tigers

View attachment 22022

With the win today UConn will remain at worst one game out of first place, pretty good considering the problems this team has seen on the field. UConn has two real tough series coming up the next two weeks at Houston and at home against South Florida. It's a tall order, but for the sake of their RPI, and to keep pace in the AAC standings, and to get off the NCAA tourney bubble, the Huskies really need to win at least one of these series.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Rather see the freshmen playing. Better offensively and don't think we lose that much defensively. Tired of waiting for Hill's late season hot streak.

I would have no problem with Lambrecht getting every remaining start at 2B this year. I don't know if he's durable enough for it, but I want to see if the flashes he's shown at the plate can finally emerge over a longer period of time.

Reaction Score
I would have no problem with Lambrecht getting every remaining start at 2B this year. I don't know if he's durable enough for it, but I want to see if the flashes he's shown at the plate can finally emerge over a longer period of time.

I think you're right that there are some questions about Lambrecht's overall durability. I also suspect that the coaching staff may have questions about Lambrecht's defense at 2B. Moriarty and Lambrecht were alternating at 2B while Aaron Hill was out. However, whenever Lambrecht was playing and UConn had lead going into the very late innings, Moriarty would invariably come in as a defensive replacement for Lambrecht. That set off alarm bells in my head. Regular everyday middle infielders just are not taken out of games for the sake of a defensive replacement. UConn has some middle infielder prospects coming into the program next season, so I expect next year these freshmen will provide the main competition to Moriarty for the 2B job. While I have nothing to back up this next idea, I half expect that Lambrecht will be part of the competition for the 3B job in the event that Willy Yahn goes pro after this season.

Reaction Score
UConn Pitching Leads to Series Win Over Bearcats

Notes
  • Wills Montgomerie notched nine strikeouts on Sunday against the Bearcats. The ninth strikeout of the day was the 200th of Montgomerie’s career, becoming the 10thUConn pitcher to accomplish the feat in program history.
  • P.J. Poulin earned his first career save with a three inning performance on Sunday.
  • Willy Yahn scored all three UConn runs, the second time the UConn third baseman has scored three times or more.
  • Isaac Feldstein drove in seven RBI’s this weekend against the Bearcats. On Sunday, Feldstein registered an RBI single in the first.
The Huskies are back in action after final exams on Friday, May 5 at 7:30 p.m. ET at Houston.

Reaction Score
ECU wins 5-3. Massive log jam @ the top. UConn, Tulane, Houston, UCF and USF all @ 9-6 in conference.

baseball.PNG

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom