Cincinnati @ SMU 4pm on ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati @ SMU 4pm on ESPN

Reaction Score
We don't have National Title level talent but this by far the most offensively gifted team Mick has had. They have some decent offensive sets but on the road Mick scraps them for isolations for Caupain at the top of the key. That may work against Tulsa but not quality opponents. In all 3 losses they've been dominated in the second half. There is no point in having an offense if you just give up running it when the game gets tight.

That's the thing, though. You can't really run offense against SMU because they switch everything. UConn has had the same problem.

I think the way you beat SMU is by scrapping the offense, clearing the floor, and letting guys attack off the bounce. Easier said than done for sure, especially when you're Cincinnati and you aren't really built to play that way - Washington and Evans looked like they might be those guys, but Evans has cratered in conference play and Washington isn't quite there yet. Clark has always struggled with length and you never know what you're going to get with Caupain.

Next year might be your best chance with the little kid coming in (what's his name?). Evans should make another jump, Clark/Washington will continue to get better, and the current freshman class will be a lot more dangerous. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see you getting through the first weekend this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom