Cincinnati @ SMU 4pm on ESPN | The Boneyard

Cincinnati @ SMU 4pm on ESPN

Reaction Score
Huge game for the league. Two ranked teams playing for #1 in the AAC standings.

I'm looking forward to it. Not sure who to root for, just know that I want it to be a good game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Huge game for the league. Two ranked teams playing for #1 in the AAC standings.

I'm looking forward to it. Not sure who to root for, just know that I want it to be a good game.
Root for Cincy because there is an outside chance if we win out, SMU could lose two games other than this one and ours and we could get the #2 seed.

Reaction Score
Rooting for SMU to give cincy their first loss. Uconn won't catch either of these teams in the standings most likely (like 98% sure of that) so pointless to cheer for that kind of scenario.

Reaction Score
28-28 so far. Actually a little higher scoring than I imagined, I figured mid 20s like 24-22 at the half. I think this will be a slugfest leading to a 62-58 type win or something around there.

Reaction Score
It's been a hell of a game. Ojeleye and Evans have been very impressive yet again.

Reaction Score
It's been a hell of a game. Ojeleye and Evans have been very impressive yet again.
For real. Ojeleye has got to be the front-runner for AAC POY, right? Would be SMU's third in a row.

Cincy starting to crumble with 10 minutes to go. Gotta get it together.

Reaction Score
Caupain has been invisible. I really don't think that dude is as good as people say. He's probably as emblematic of their limitations as anybody.

SMU adjusted and started guarding Clark one on one in the post and it's been lights out since. You're seeing some of what length can do to that team and I think it's going to be a problem for them.

Reaction Score
I'd be willing to bet almost half of Cincy's offense has come from Clark post touches. He only averages about 2 assists per game, but he gets a lot of hockey assists.

If you can trust Brimah to stay out of foul trouble, perhaps that's a hiding spot for him next time we play.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Caupain has been invisible. I really don't think that dude is as good as people say. He's probably as emblematic of their limitations as anybody.

SMU adjusted and started guarding Clark one on one in the post and it's been lights out since. You're seeing some of what length can do to that team and I think it's going to be a problem for them.
Caupin is very visible against UConn

Reaction Score
Cincinnati is going to lose.

Both of these teams looked beatable tonight. Intense game though!

Reaction Score
While Cincy is a good team, to me they are just a slightly better version of what they have been the last couple of years. They play great D, they rebound, but they don't score away from home. They should have lost at Tulsa this year, and Temple was in it against them. In the NCAAs, they will allow teams to stay in it because they can't put more than 55-60 points on the board away from Cincy.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
While Cincy is a good team, to me they are just a slightly better version of what they have been the last couple of years. They play great D, they rebound, but they don't score away from home. They should have lost at Tulsa this year, and Temple was in it against them. In the NCAAs, they will allow teams to stay in it because they can't put more than 55-60 points on the board away from Cincy.
Correct. Have only scored over 60 once in a true road game. Don't let the talent fool you, this is how we'll look as long as Mick is the coach for better or (often) worse.

Reaction Score
@BFieldHusky yup, I don't even think they're as good as the '14 team, to be honest. They have trouble scoring against good defenses and their rim protection isn't quite what it's been in the past. I don't see them as a second weekend team.

Reaction Score
Correct. Have only scored over 60 once in a true road game. Don't let the talent fool you, this is how we'll look as long as Mick is the coach for better or (often) worse.

I think talent is a bigger problem than coaching. It just looks like a team with a cap on what they can do against athleticism.

Evans and Washington look like they could be the guys to get them to the next level, but I don't think they're there yet.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I think talent is a bigger problem than coaching. It just looks like a team with a cap on what they can do against athleticism.

Evans and Washington look like they could be the guys to get them to the next level, but I don't think they're there yet.

We don't have National Title level talent but this by far the most offensively gifted team Mick has had. They have some decent offensive sets but on the road Mick scraps them for isolations for Caupain at the top of the key. That may work against Tulsa but not quality opponents. In all 3 losses they've been dominated in the second half. There is no point in having an offense if you just give up running it when the game gets tight.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We don't have National Title level talent but this by far the most offensively gifted team Mick has had. They have some decent offensive sets but on the road Mick scraps them for isolations for Caupain at the top of the key. That may work against Tulsa but not quality opponents. In all 3 losses they've been dominated in the second half. There is no point in having an offense if you just give up running it when the game gets tight.
If Cinci isn't hitting their 3s they seem to get frustrated and stand a lot on offense
They are a talented team but I'm not sure they have the mental make-up/toughness to get to that next level this year - physically they are ok - it's in the head
Maybe not winning the big games are getting to them?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There is no point in having an offense if you just give up running it when the game gets tight.
Hmmm, that sounds familiar, except we do it when we have a double digit lead.

Reaction Score
SMU only played 6 players? No way to win a game against a top 15 team being that limited. Is that a typo?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
SMU only played 6 players? No way to win a game against a top 15 team being that limited. Is that a typo?
You do realize SMU won, right?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You do realize SMU won, right?

He's being an insufferable, negative D-B referencing Ollie's "excuse" of a limited rotation.

In other words, he's being himself in every thread.

Reaction Score
not like that JSM post actually deserves a response, but all six of SMU's players are 6'5" - 6'8" and four of the six are serviceable ball-handlers. big difference between that team having six at their disposal and our team having six.

Reaction Score
Cincy yesterday suffered from what UConn did last year. Caupain can run an offense like Hamilton, but he (and DHam last year) took way too many jump shots when you have a continuously underused stud inside (Gary Clark or Shonn Miller).

Cincy took almost double the amount of 3s than 2PA yesterday. This looked pretty dumb once they went cold, but were still up about 10 points. Give credit to SMU though, they're one of the best teams in the country at denying entry passes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom