Cincinnati is Diaco's alamo. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati is Diaco's alamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't the buyout something stupid?

Barring a total caving in of the season, like 2 and 10, he's coming back.

He will have zero excuses next year. Hope we can grind toward bowl contention this year.
If we want to be serious about football and continue as a big boy sports school Diaco doesn't come back next year. Not exactly sure where the money will come from but anymore of the Diaco experiment and we are totally farcked.

Reaction Score
If we want to be serious about football and continue as a big boy sports school Diaco doesn't come back next year. Not exactly sure where the money will come from but anymore of the Diaco experiment and we are totally farcked.
I think the bowl game last year bought him time. Not excited by his passive approach on both sides of the ball.

And if you watched Dino Babers Coach the last 3 minutes of the 1st half today it only drove home further how deficient Bob is at this, but I believe he gets another year to see what he could do with more of his recruits.

Reaction Score
I apologize for coming across as an But, from my perspective, the "fire the coach" posts are almost always reactions to losing and folks posting out of anger and frustration. Half the college football fans in America want their coach fired every weekend - the half on the losing side of scores. I don't know if Diaco is the long-term answer, but I do know that constant rants by the fan base don't accomplish much.

You are correct, another loss diminishes our chances to get bowl eligible. Diaco is not getting canned after this season, however. Believe all you want that he is a goner, but he's not going anywhere.

It isn't shaming. It's a reasoned response based on observing what has occurred and is occurring. I'd much rather see Diaco be a great success. That's not in the cards as we know them. You'd think we learn after the last debacle and recognize the signs. The most basic is little noticeable improvement by the third year. Great coaches can noticeably turn programs in one year and continue year over year with large improvements. We don't have the time to let Diaco flounder and suffer further stagnation. Hoping and praying to find a way to steal 6 wins is not what great programs are built on.

Reaction Score
We have 7 games left and the Diaco I saw in a postgame interview looked like he knows he has to get his act together. He has to make decisions that will right the ship. There is no hiding behind building, foundations, nutrition, batman etc. He has this year and next but if the ship isn't righted he will be back to being a DC and the way we have been playing D that may be a stretch. We will see if he is the happy cheerleader on the sideline or if he will start demanding more from all involved.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Good post, but this is the Land of Steady Habits. He will be back next year. Got a good kicker in the wings and hopefully a punter. That's what we're good at, it's what we do.
RedPants Gets canned only if Thomas lines up as QB in the wildcat
Losing gets to be a habit.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is - if we didn't give him a huge buyout the board would be screaming about how "UCONN is small time and doesn't take football seriously"...

Bottom line - win and all is forgiven, lose and all decisions are wrong.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? You think he is the reason why we don't have athletes like Houston? Do you think he's trying to recruit sub-standard players?

I think that with the boring, ultra conservative offense (and defense & punt return teams) that Bobby-Boy lives by, UConn will never recruit Houston type athletes. He will never recruit at that level because HE offers them nothing in return in terms of playing in an exciting program.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I think that with the boring, ultra conservative offense (and defense & punt return teams) that Bobby-Boy lives by, UConn will never recruit Houston type athletes. He will never recruit at that level because HE offers them nothing in return in terms of playing in an exciting program.
This is so true. We thought we had a hotshot young coach with fresh ideas and we get Pasqualoni Light.
RedPants is so lost on O. Lost.

Reaction Score
This is so true. We thought we had a hotshot young coach with fresh ideas and we get Pasqualoni Light.
RedPants is so lost on O. Lost.

Pasqualoni Light!!!! LMAO. Great soubriquet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom