Cincinnati coaching search | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati coaching search

Reaction Score
Definitely does seem like a move they’re regretting: firing Alford, then having to settle for Cronin

I’m not really sure why they keep trying to hire these type of guys from middle America (Howland, Alford, now Cronin). Is it because they’re trying to keep the legacy of Wooden or something?

It’s LA. Hire someone glitzy.

I will say this, if Cronin wins there, Paul Giamatti would be an excellent choice to play him in a film.

Reaction Score
Not going to be Martin

Not surprised, it did seem like lots of trouble to get up and move his life/family for what seemed like a lateral move. And doubt cincy would be able to offer more money than South Carolina either

Good negotiating tactic for his current job though!

Reaction Score
Can you blame him? You guys put chili on spaghetti for cryin' out loud. :)

Two clarifications: 1) Most of the chili joints in Cincy were established by folks of Greek ancestry. And 2) There are plenty of good Italian restaurants in Cincinnati, but Pitino wouldn't give a hoot about the quality of food they serve. He'd ask only that they have a good sturdy table back in the privacy of the kitchen.

Reaction Score
Two clarifications: 1) Most of the chili joints in Cincy were established by folks of Greek ancestry. And 2) There are plenty of good Italian restaurants in Cincinnati, but Pitino wouldn't give a hoot about the quality of food they serve. He'd ask only that they have a good sturdy table back in the privacy of the kitchen.

It doesn't even have to be that sturdy, he'll only be on it for 10 or 15 seconds.

Reaction Score
I’m not really sure why they keep trying to hire these type of guys from middle America (Howland, Alford, now Cronin). Is it because they’re trying to keep the legacy of Wooden or something?

It’s LA. Hire someone glitzy.

I will say this, if Cronin wins there, Paul Giamatti would be an excellent choice to play him in a film.

But only because Danny DeVito is too old for the part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom