OT: - Cincinnati basketball | The Boneyard

OT: Cincinnati basketball

Reaction Score
2-6 on the season and 0-3 in the AAC having dropped games to USF, UCF and Tulsa. Currently on a 5-game losing streak. 0 commits for 2021 with 3 scholarships to offer.

And now Jarron Cumberland openly calling for John Brannen to be fired on Instagram.

I don't miss life in the AAC one bit.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. It's good to be out of the AAC. Our improved recruiting alone is all the evidence I need.

That aside, what does Cincinnati do about Cumberland? I kinda think they need to kick him off the team. Would JC? I think he might.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. It's good to be out of the AAC. Our improved recruiting alone is all the evidence I need.

That aside, what does Cincinnati do about Cumberland? I kinda think they need to kick him off the team. Would JC? I think he might.
Cumberland is no longer on the team. He graduated.

Regarding Cincy and Tcf’s post, Brannen comes off so meek to me. I can’t see how he motivates players at all. Very low energy.

Reaction Score
Cumberland is no longer on the team. He graduated.

Regarding Cincy and Tcf’s post, Brannen comes off so meek to me. I can’t see how he motivates players at all. Very low energy.
Lol. Funny. I suck. Pretty out of the loop. Definitely kick him off the team then. Maybe petition the NCAA for another year of eligibility. Then kick him off the team.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Brannen just seems like an odd fit for that program. I was telling a friend of mine that, if Pitino can keep his nose clean for a year or two at Iona, Cincy would be the exact type of program to give him one last shot at a high major.

Its hard to have sympathy for them as, if the B12 invite ever would’ve materialized, they would’ve been out the door just as quick as we were. They’re truly the last school standing without a seat in realignment musical chairs. All the more reason to be thankful that Benedict was able to get us out of that purgatory of a conference.

Reaction Score
What’s an AAC?
1609681520616.png

Reaction Score
Meanwhile their football team played on New Year's Day, almost knocked off Georgia which would have sent the playoff committee into a tailspin. And ensures crowds of 40,000 a game next year at Nippert Stadium and a flood of high dollar donations.

But I understand the original post from the very narrow basketball only perspective.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile their football team played on New Year's Day, almost knocked off Georgia which would have sent the playoff committee into a tailspin. And ensures crowds of 40,000 a game next year at Nippert Stadium and a flood of high dollar donations.

But I understand the original post from the very narrow basketball only perspective.
Vine Ok GIF

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

The CFB season was a bad joke.

Reaction Score

Yes makes a lot of sense to bring up here as an analogy since our football program is on a similar trajectory with a similar rockstar, high upside coach who is able to recruit at a P5 level.

And even if the above were true, Cincinnati went undefeated and yet were not close to a playoff bid. No one outside of the metro Cincinnati area cares about Cincinnati football. The only difference between AAC and being independent is having to play the random assortment of schools in the conference, and I guess the bowl tie in.

Reaction Score

A tailspin LMAOOO like when UCF actually beat Auburn and that was going to change things for the CFP?

Reaction Score

Seems like a necessary, relevant post in a thread titled “Cincinnati basketball”

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I mean Fickell to Texas is practically a done deal. Sure they’ll have big crowds next year (if allowed). We had big crowds PP’s first year too. Then the next 9 years happened. What are the chances of them bouncing back from him leaving?

Reaction Score
This would be the school that cut 14 positions in the AD and shut down the men's soccer program this year. Then, they bumped up Fickell's contract to pay him an extra million/year (which will mean squat when another P5 team comes calling)
Gotta keep your priorities straight, amirite?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This would be the school that cut 14 positions in the AD and shut down the men's soccer program this year. Then, they bumped up Fickell's contract to pay him an extra million/year (which will mean squat when another P5 team comes calling)
I completely forgot they axed men’s soccer.

Reaction Score
I didn't know they dropped soccer, too bad. The Big East is another big improvement for UConn's soccer program. Cincy basketball fans must be envious of UConn for going to the Big East while their football fans have to be happy with their success. Cincy is in a pretty good position right now and if the P5 comes calling I don't think the head coach salary will be an issue.

Reaction Score
Seems like a necessary, relevant post in a thread titled “Cincinnati basketball”
Only because it turned into, hate the AAC thread by the usual suspects. Like all things in life there is good and bad. As the Eagles said, "every point of refuge has its price."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom