Cincinnati - A winnable game. | The Boneyard

Cincinnati - A winnable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
We need a win. If nothing else, to create room for posts with some meat on their bones, not pointless questions or polls about new coaches, quarterbacks, etc.

Cincy is in some murky water lately, with a big question mark at quarterback (who'd ever have thought that Gunner Kiel would be their 3rd string QB?) and apparently unsure if Hayden Moore will be able to start on Saturday (ankle injury) and Cincy has a bye week after our game, so they may get him healthy. The second-string QB Ross Trail had a tough go of it at USF with three picks, including a pick-six. He now has one TD against 6 INT's. Let's hope he starts.

Cincy's run game, decent in the first half (over 100) was shut down (2o yards) in the second half. If we can keep the run game in check and get some pressure on Trail (assuming he's the man) maybe our D can get the stops or picks that we'll need to be able to pull off a win. We really need one now.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
DjiyDib.gif

This man is gonna kick our ass. We have a walking corpse in Tubby patrolling the sidelines versus this ball of fire? No chance.

Reaction Score
All our games are winnable.....before kickoff. After that, we hope to keep it manageable enough to have the opportunity to win. After the 1st quarter, we try to stay within 21-points of our opponent. If we get a lead, we maximize the opponents opportunities to win, by repeatedly giving them the ball back with plus field position. But, yes the Cincy game is winnable....

Reaction Score
I really hope we come out in the same offense we did against Houston. Let the staff check the plays, take some big shots again and hope Shirreffs can connect this time.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So why is Kiel 3rd string? It seems like the back up isn't doing well....and Kiel looked pretty good in the past...what has happened to him?

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
So why is Kiel 3rd string? It seems like the back up isn't doing well....and Kiel looked pretty good in the past...what has happened to him?
Not sure, but it goes back to last season. He didn't travel with the team to the bowl game for "personal reasons." It was a question of starters from Spring practice on this year and after Moore was named starter, he was fighting for second with Trail. They brought him into the USF game late but he only went 3 for 10 or something close. It's too bad to see. I always thought he was a beast. With a great quarterback name you can't even make up.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
DjiyDib.gif

This man is gonna kick our ass. We have a walking corpse in Tubby patrolling the sidelines versus this ball of fire? No chance.
DjiyDib.gif

Yeah, Wacky Bob is Wacky Bob? Ball of fire? Pot and Kettle here. Especially when your profile pic is that angry little Leprechaun.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Kobe is a Cinci fan and a great poster
We have awesome conversations in the Mens BB site
Fair and Honest
I'm sure he is. We actually really like Cronin. Fiery guy. Good coach. And Irish.

Reaction Score
All our games are winnable.....before kickoff. After that, we hope to keep it manageable enough to have the opportunity to win. After the 1st quarter, we try to stay within 21-points of our opponent.

Hoping to keep the game manageable enough with an opportunity win is a tough watch for this UConn football fan. And that's exactly what we are. I didn't think in year 3 we'd be doing this in weeks 1 thru 5.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Saying that Cincinnati is a winnable game is tough for me to accept. We are 2-9 against them. Our last win: 2010. The last 2 games: 37-13 and 41-0. Tubs or no Tubs, we lose to the Bearcats more than anyone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Saying that Cincinnati is a winnable game is tough for me to accept. We are 2-9 against them. Our last win: 2010. The last 2 games: 37-13 and 41-0. Tubs or no Tubs, we lose to the Bearcats more than anyone.

And the Bills lose to New England. Don't be such a Debbie Downer. Our run defense is superb, and was against Houston minus some Ward scrambles that Cinci isn't going to get. I'm not sure they can just sit back and throw with their personnel.

UConn put up close to 400 yards on Houston, and Cinci's defense isn't in the same ballpark. This is a very winnable game. We just need to finish drives.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
I'm aware of our past poor performance against Cincy. Just hoping that they have some issues we can capitalize on. I'm relentlessly optimistic, but not overly optimistic. All I'm saying is...there's a chance. Maybe we don't get beat over the top. Maybe our offense goes fast. Maybe this is my week for Powerball.

Reaction Score
I remember the days when, after every game vs Cincy, we had walking wounded all over the place. We used to get bruised up pretty good.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I think he's probably fired up following a great punt from BSU territory.
I remember last time we played at UConn, we missed a FG and Diaco went absolutely insane on the sideline like he just won the Super Bowl. UConn was trailing 31-0 and it was late third or early fourth quarter. I really, really wish I could find that clip. I still laugh when I think of it.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I'm sure he is. We actually really like Cronin. Fiery guy. Good coach. And Irish.
I've always enjoyed watching him coach. He can frustrate the best of teams and I love how he goes from zero to full blown insane in a matter of seconds. Good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom