Cinci Post Game Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cinci Post Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Who is this poster? Usually very happy with ignores, but sometimes it feels like I'm missing parts of conversations. Especially given Gurleyman and Nomar's responses.
That chapaquiddick or whatever guy with the long strings of non-sequiturs.

C

Chief00

I like Hamilton - he knows the game and has talent - just needs to get stronger and make his shot more consistently. Showed progress hitting two big foul shots today. As for Omar - quite frankly I am in the camp that would like Omar to get more minutes. Just outlining why he wasn't in the game despite going 5-7.
From a coaches perspection you would like to see Hamilton running his beefier defender off of screens like Rip did and tire the defender more.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
pnow15 said:
DHam may need a rest. He could just be tired. His 3 ball has vanished and his foul shooting is questionable. His handle is fading. Maybe, give Omar a few starts and let DHam come off the bench and reduce his minutes for a few games until he regains his confidence.
Thought Purvis played well. More under control. Nolan is just lost. Lubin stealing his minutes.
Boat looked a little slow at start of game.

His firm has been terrible. Just chucking it up there expecting it to go in. I doubt he is practicing those shots. Same goes for a few other guys. Omar has been better because he's healthy and been shooting from his spots on the floor in rhythm.

Hopefully it's a freshman thing, because a wing shooting that poorly from the field and the line isn't making the NBA.

He has a nice 8 foot floater, but he needs other weapons.

Reaction Score
Hamiltons handle is ok, but he's gotten into two bad habits lately that he needs to fix. The first is turning his back to the defense when he drives to the basket, and the second is that he gets going way too fast when pressured handling the ball in the open court.
This

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My two cents:
DHam - with all the ex guards UConn has on the bench as coaches, I can't understand why DHam continues to dribble with his head down when he crosses the mid court and steams ahead. Makes no sense at all. I love this guy but when 4 defenders surround you - isn't it highly likely that someone wearing the same color uniform may be open.
Rock Lubin - PN can sit down now - we have a back up for AB
Omar - some feel he should come off the bench BUT I think they should start him and sit RP. Let's see if Omar can hit a few early shots - if not send in RP. Glad to see Omar appearing to be on the road back.
TSam - he added some great relief for Boat - just play within himself and he will be a great asset
AB - needs to understand when to go vertical for the block and when to hold his ground. On offense he needs to look for an option pass out when he gets the ball. He always looks to put it up to the basket. His hands will improve next year.
Free Throws - if this area doesn't improve it could spell more hurt beyond Temple
Defense - what a great series of defensive efforts over the past several games - just great

The road to the dance goes through a successful AAC season and tournament championship in Hartford

The team can do it but has to avoid digging themselves into an early hole and avoid the large amount of turnovers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
this danham guy neverever be close to the real rip

way over rated recruit; and to think this is the best recruit olywould has brought in to date

omar needs to take a big chuck of his minutes when omar is stronger and more game stamina wise

this danham would be a nice piece next to isaacham in bruin land; i says lets make a deal; hopefully by midnite trade deadline

Try talking like a human being
I would trade you for nearly any cuse blogger

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's a shame Mick won't be around. He's an annoying little leprechaun, but the games are undoubtedly more exciting when he's coaching.
He's an angry little carrot.

Reaction Score
DHam has a good handle, not great yet but much better than some give him credit for. It's where he goes with his handle sometimes that makes him look awful and that's on him. Needs to pick and choose better, wait for lanes instead of trying to create his own. He'll get there, he's a kid and a damn good one!

Reaction Score
this danham guy neverever be close to the real rip

way over rated recruit; and to think this is the best recruit olywould has brought in to date

omar needs to take a big chuck of his minutes when omar is stronger and more game stamina wise

this danham would be a nice piece next to isaacham in bruin land; i says lets make a deal; hopefully by midnite trade deadline
Your schtick used to be entertaining in the beginning. It was kind of fun trying to decipher. This negative is just ! Time to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom