Cierra Toomey deciding 4/11 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cierra Toomey deciding 4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
i really like paulina paris. I do think NC can win the ACC next year. They definitely are building something.

They aint winning crap next season :mad:.

.. lord I hope they don't.... for my health.
To assuage TDF's hurt feelings, I offer the following commentary on the photo in post #82 above. Note the sloppy UNC photoshop effort: (1) The color of the shirt definately does not match the color of the shorts; (2) The skin tone of the arms and legs are not of one person.
Who is the mystery bottom half? :cool:

I think Banghart is a fine coach, and I wish Ciera a great college experience. And I still like TDF, despite his curmudgeonly mood this evening.

Honestly I don't know much of anything about the young lady, but those fans seem to be excited, so that automatically puts me in a foul mood.

Reaction Score
I wish her well and hope she fully recovers from her knee injury...........UNC is a great school despite what the haters say.........Ms. Cunningham come on down!!

Reaction Score
In true BY fashion let’s end this thread with a “EDD never actually played for UConn”
There now lock it!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did Toomey ever even have an official UConn visit? Only recollection is attending a early season game with her father.
No. She is class of 2023 an official visit for that class would have to have been this past week.

Reaction Score
Is she from North Carolina? Is this another Aja Wilson thing where they make a big deal of staying home to play ball?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is she from North Carolina? Is this another Aja Wilson thing where they make a big deal of staying home to play ball?
No. No. She is from Pennsylvania.

Reaction Score
Well, Kara Lawson not smiling tonight. Tough blow on heels of Coach K retiring. Expect UNC to control Tobacco Road on both M/W sides for foreseeable future.

UNC leveling up to perhaps frontline program status also not great for Shea & Vandy in ACC, unless NC State drops off in process.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno apparently watched Toomey in person February 15th so UConn still thought they had a chance until very recently.

Reaction Score
Well, Kara Lawson not smiling tonight. Tough blow on heels of Coach K retiring. Expect UNC to control Tobacco Road on both M/W sides for foreseeable future.

UNC leveling up to perhaps frontline program status also not great for Shea & Vandy in ACC, unless NC State drops off in process.
Vandy is SEC.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
ND didn't make her top 8 so no.

She'll be announcing her commitment to North Carolina.
Once again UConn Cat called it. She's seldom wrong. A tip o’ the turban to her. When I read this comment this morning, that was enough for me. I moved on.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
After visiting North Carolina in early February, Toomey began informing some on her list that she had ruled them out. The list eventually shrunk to two, North Carolina and Connecticut, the team she grew up adoring.

“The hardest one was UConn,” she said. “That’s why they were my last two.”

Reaction Score
Play golf.
Play some hoops.
Never get to the Final Four.
I’m cool.
Minimal, minimal effect on Huskies.
B-bye.
believe it or not there are more things in this world than making a final 4 or winning a title, crazy I know, there are actually humans that she connected with on a personal level at UNC that's why she chose to go there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

kthe6.jpg

Dont wanna get put on probation so I won't post the full gif :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
All this chapel hill love in this thread is nauseating to say the least. It's was bad enough to get harassed at the park last afternoon by fans of that light shade of blue, then I log onto the BY and have to read all the nice stuff about that school, :mad::oops:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The unnecessarily scathing Banghart article by Mechelle Voelpel from a few years ago isn't aging well. UNC is shaping up to be really really good for the foreseeable future. Deja Kelly is back 2-3 more years, Teonni Key debuts as a freshman next year, then they bring in Toomey and another top recruit in Reniya Kelly in 2023. This year without as much talent, they gave SC their toughest game of the tournament and knocked off Louisville. I could see them being ACC champs and in the Final Four in 2-3 years.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The unnecessarily scathing Banghart article by Mechelle Voelpel from a few years ago isn't aging well. UNC is shaping up to be really really good for the foreseeable future. Deja Kelly is back 2-3 more years, Teonni Key debuts as a freshman next year, then they bring in Toomey and another top recruit in Reniya Kelly in 2023. This year without as much talent, they gave SC their toughest game of the tournament and knocked off Louisville. I could see them being ACC champs and in the Final Four in 2-3 years.
Nah, beat NC St in E8, only natural NC in a future E8.

Reaction Score
I know that the Connecticut basketball program is the premier program in college basketball but all that’s ever spoken about is how hard the practices are and how Gino can break you down and build you back up. It seems like all that’s ever spoken about is the basketball culture. The social aspect of the school is never spoken about is that because it’s isolated with nothing really to do socially. Is there a school shuttle into Boston or to Hartford. What do these young people have at Connecticut that can compare to a UNC or a duke. Maybe a positive thread on the social culture of the University of Connecticut. Unless it’s that bland that we don’t want to highlight it. So if the student athlete isn’t sports centric there’s not much to offer? I think the perception of Connecticut basketball is that it is all encompassing and hard as hell. And most young people are not looking for that type of atmosphere Even the coach has noted players today want different things. Does the University of Connecticut offer those things or would it be smart for the basketball program to create a social program for their players.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All this chapel hill love in this thread is nauseating to say the least. It's was bad enough to get harassed at the park last afternoon by fans of that light shade of blue, then I log onto the BY and have to read all the nice stuff about that school, :mad::oops:
If it will make you feel any better, I don't like them.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t know if someone has already made this point. If so, I will make it again. Obviously, there are many reasons why a recruit chooses a school. Chief among them, imo, is usually playing time.

We don’t know if Rice may have selected UConn if Paige, Nika, Azzi & Caroline weren’t already on the roster. But it certainly had to be a consideration in her decision.

Toomey will be a very talented W/F in college. She’s not a G or a C. Toomey had to look at UConn’s potential Roster in 2023-24 to see the prospect of competing with Ice and Ayanna for PT at the W/F spot for 3 years.

Anyone who’s ever been on a team knows that winning beats losing any day. But that is a distant second to playing vs sitting on the bench, particularly with the demands of balancing academics with intense practice and conditioning sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom