CIAC Football playoffs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CIAC Football playoffs

Reaction Score
Make no mistake Shelton is part of the valley and proud of it. Would hate to see them join the FCIAC, would rather a new regional conference that included a Ansonia, Derby, Naugatuck and Seymour could be created.
Actually Shelton isn’t even part of the Valley geographically speaking. The Naugatuck River ends in Derby where it flows into the Housatonic. Geographically, Shelton is much more associated and looks like Monroe to the north, Stratford to the south, and Trumbull to the west. I will say that culturally there is some “valleyness” to the far eastern part of town.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Actually Shelton isn’t even part of the Valley geographically speaking. The Naugatuck River ends in Derby where it flows into the Housatonic. Geographically, Shelton is much more associated and looks like Monroe to the north, Stratford to the south, and Trumbull to the west. I will say that culturally there is some “valleyness” to the far eastern part of town.

That's what they like to think. Spend some time at Hook Line & Sinker, Porkys or Cuppy's and you'll know you are in the Valley!

Reaction Score
It’s sad what has happened to Valley football, there was a time when Ansonia, Derby, Pomperaug and Naugatuck has great programs. Did Ansonia make the playoffs this year? Shelton is still good, but it’s actually in Fairfield County. There has been talk for years about adding Shelton to the FCIAC.
;p
1638400043968.gif

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Semis today!

S Games are particularly interesting, along with the Collar Up Classic 2 - Darien/New Canaan

LL
No. 5 SHELTON (9-2) at No. 1 FAIRFIELD PREP (10-1), 12:30 p.m.
No. 3 DARIEN (10-1) at No. 2 NEW CANAAN (10-1), 12:30 p.m.

L
No. 5 WINDSOR (10-1) at No. 1 ST. JOSEPH (10-1), 11:30 a.m.
No. 7 MASUK (9-2) at No. 3 MALONEY (10-1), at Falcon Field, 12:30 p.m.

M
No. 5 BRANFORD (9-2) at No. 1 KILLINGLY (10-0), 12:30 p.m.
No. 6 TORRINGTON 8-3) at No. 2 ROCKVILLE (9-2), 12:30 p.m.

S
No. 5 NEW FAIRFIELD (9-2) at No. 1 BLOOMFIELD (11-0), 12:30 p.m.
No. 3 ANSONIA (10-1) at No. 2 CROMWELL/PORTLAND (11-0), 12:30 p.m.

Reaction Score
Go Spartans that’s a great final versus Windsor. Maloney throwing up points against everyone late season and playoffs. Windsor playing great as well should be a beauty in New Britain!

Reaction Score
Go Spartans that’s a great final versus Windsor. Maloney throwing up points against everyone late season and playoffs. Windsor playing great as well should be a beauty in New Britain!
Apparently Windsor mounted a great comeback vs St Joes.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Cromwell/Portland Panthers baby!! Shellacked Ansonia 46-7.

Reaction Score
Apparently Windsor mounted a great comeback vs St Joes.
Windsor ran back a fumble for a score. Down year for St. Joe’s, earlier in the season Darien blew them out by 40 points.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can anyone fill me in here? Seems like a loaded post

Reaction Score
not sure about today but prep fans are historically terrible
How does Prep even make it to the LL bracket if they played in the FCIAC, with at least four (and maybe more) FCIAC teams capable of beating them? What’s ironic is most of their players are from Fairfield County anyway.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
How does Prep even make it to the LL bracket if they played in the FCIAC, with at least four (and maybe more) FCIAC teams capable of beating them? What’s ironic is most of their players are from Fairfield County anyway.
They did manage to beat Greenwich, the only FCIAC team they played, 21-14 in the playoffs. They did lose to Greenwich 14-7 in the regular season. That said, it would be a tough road for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They did manage to beat Greenwich, the only FCIAC team they played, 21-14 in the playoffs. They did lose to Greenwich 14-7 in the regular season. That said, it would be a tough road for sure.
So I guess this year it’s safe to say Greenwich and Fairfield Prep are fairly evenly matched. That being said, this past season in FCIAC play Greenwich lost to New Canaan and St. Joes, and won very close games over Staples (in OT), and Ridgefield. Fortunately for Greenwich they didn’t have to play Darien or Norwalk which had a great team this year.

Reaction Score
Tried telling you all how good the Cromwell/Portland team is. Took out Ansonia & Bloomfield (21-6 today) for the title. Congrats Panthers/Highlanders.
Where will Teddy Ballgame end up? Seems like a solid football player, 6’1”, 180#. Is he fast enough for D1?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Where will Teddy Ballgame end up? Seems like a solid football player, 6’1”, 180#. Is he fast enough for D1?
I have no idea. I've actually never seen a game this year. My son is a senior at Cromwell (not on the team) so I've been following the team closely. I did see someone tweet that they thought he should be the Gatorade player of the year. I'm guessing he's a Portland kid since I heard the best players on the team were from there.

Reaction Score
I have no idea. I've actually never seen a game this year. My son is a senior at Cromwell (not on the team) so I've been following the team closely. I did see someone tweet that they thought he should be the Gatorade player of the year. I'm guessing he's a Portland kid since I heard the best players on the team were from there.
Yeah, he’s a Portland kid. He’s been getting a lot of press and air time (old sportswriters love that nickname).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom