Christyn Wms last Add To Her List | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christyn Wms last Add To Her List

Reaction Score
Do I think we're a serious player for her? Not really. When you are the last school added (after having been dropped previously), you are most likely behind the other finalists.
I can't think of a reason why she would re-add Texas if she wasn't seriously considering you guys.

Reaction Score
I don't agree that Texas is probably behind everyone else. I think their (our) chances with Williams are very decent. It would take a reason and some real thought to go to the trouble add a school "back in." That said, UConn is probably still the leader.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I don't like it. It's Texas per ESPN and "Texas was a late addition to her list because there are seven incumbent players on the Longhorns' 2017 roster with whom she has played somewhere along the line, including Littleton."

Top-ranked 2018 women's basketball recruit Christyn Williams grabs gold medal at FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup
Watched CW's video on Prospects Nation site and can understand why she's coveted. Polished and skilled, she'll never have difficulty getting her shot.

Reaction Score
I know many on this board believe CW is destined to be a Husky. I hope so. But I cannot get over the feeling that CW's view of the incoming freshmen class is of 4 talented young ladies who all basically play the same position she does.

I only know of two definite destinies and Basketball Player sare not one of them. In terms of CW, at this point of the year, it's nice to play with Maybe's. Geno, with all the wisdom we who drinks of his cool wine believe he is more than human--think he shall make a decision on Christyn Williams--at that, along with her decision--will end this fun of speculation. Until then SPECULATE--until the games begin.

Reaction Score
UConn will send five top five (Yes?) draft picks to the WNBA over the next two years so I understand the need to keep refreshing the water in the talent pool. But as a father who sent four girls off to college and watched four women graduate, start their own careers and families, I also know that predicting what any of them will do at any time is an exercise fraught with peril.

That said, as someone with no knowledge in this area, I appreciate the recruiting analysis/speculation. This is no easy task you've undertaken.

As a father that sent 8 to Colleges spread many state, including U Hawaii, --as pre-teens, I knew any prediction you make or any channel they choose, lasts until the boyfriend, girl friend, or some other whim moves them. 2 Daughters were appointed to USMA, Naval Academy, and "girl friends" touted them off of the opportunity. How many adults change their minds regularly--it tickles me when the press say politician had this thought as a youth--but not now! Humans change ---

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If you are calling players G/W then you are talking about 60% of the team on the floor at any time and sometimes 80%. Maya is a G/W as is Moriah - this past year Uconn basically played 5 G/W's for the whole season except for the minutes Natalie and Kyla played. And you could certainly argue that Stewart frequently played a G/W position at Uconn.
So saying their are four players at the G/W position is pretty meaningless if the intent is to suggest a road block to a fifth G/W.
And it isn't just Uconn that blurs lines and plays four or five G/W types - half of D1 does that including teams like Stanford and ND. There just aren't that many good centers and power forwards in the game these days (if there ever were) and the power forward and center positions are frequently populated by players who are more dangerous from 15' and out than they are under the basket.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If you are calling players G/W then you are talking about 60% of the team on the floor at any time and sometimes 80%. Maya is a G/W as is Moriah - this past year UConn basically played 5 G/W's for the whole season except for the minutes Natalie and Kyla played. And you could certainly argue that Stewart frequently played a G/W position at UConn.
So saying their are four players at the G/W position is pretty meaningless if the intent is to suggest a road block to a fifth G/W.
And it isn't just UConn that blurs lines and plays four or five G/W types - half of D1 does that including teams like Stanford and ND. There just aren't that many good centers and power forwards in the game these days (if there ever were) and the power forward and center positions are frequently populated by players who are more dangerous from 15' and out than they are under the basket.
Exactly. So assuming that CW heads to Storrs there could be as many as 7 returning G/W's (1 sn, 2 jn & 4 so)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Exactly. So assuming that CW heads to Storrs there could be as many as 7 returning G/W's (1 sn, 2 jn & 4 so)
And any team that has 12 or more players likely has 7+ 'G/W' on the roster - there are very few college teams that have as many as 5 center/power forwards on the roster. Even a team like SC or Baylor who were known of their 'front court' players last year didn't have more than five if that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And any team that has 12 or more players likely has 7+ 'G/W' on the roster - there are very few college teams that have as many as 5 center/power forwards on the roster. Even a team like SC or Baylor who were known of their 'front court' players last year didn't have more than five if that.
I don't disagree. The point I made many posts back was about my concern that CW may see the incoming freshmen class at UConn with 4 talented G/W's as a potential deterrent to heading to Storrs. Hopefully, she will prove me wrong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CWill will not be deterred by our current roster. She will get PT. She's left handed like Asia Durr, strong like Arike Ogunbowale. and confident like Diana Taurasi.

In terms of the 2017 kids:

First, Geno doesn't assign positions per se.

Second, based on size and skills, I see the following:

Megan 2/3. She has size, strength, and long arms. She has a good handle, but will not play the 1.

Mikayla 1, maybe 2. She's a good facilitator with Crystal Dangerfield ankle-braking moves. She calls herself a SG in an interview, but so was Sue Bird. That conversion worked out well for Birdie.

Andi 2. A supreme shooter. Maybe a little 1 or 2, but mostly a 2.

Lexi 3, maybe some 2. She likes to rebound and is fairly physical, but not as big/strong as Meg.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree. The point I made many posts back was about my concern that CW may see the incoming freshmen class at UConn with 4 talented G/W's as a potential deterrent to heading to Storrs. Hopefully, she will prove me wrong.
I wouldn't think she'd be deterred. She'll be better than at least two and maybe three of them.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im not worried at all. I believe shes coming to UConn. As good as she is Geno will find a place for her to play. Shes that good. To play at UConn with UConns roster..well hey, it doesnt get any better then that. UConn has proven over and over again they can win and set records with big post players, against teams that can out talent them. UConn is a dynasty and there is no other in WCBB. The way Geno develops players into a team is second to none and his records prove that. With that said I like CW coming to UConn. She may change her mind but when the dust settles I like her at UConn alot if for nothing more then her work ethic and want to be developed goals. JMO When you work as hard as she does, when you have the want to then its UConn. One point. How many non All Americans have made it as pros either in the WNBA or overseas that are former UConn players? Alot more then any other school. UConn is the top program in WCBB by no mistake and Geno has built one of the Greatest Sports progams in history. I like our chance alot.

Reaction Score
I don't agree that Texas is probably behind everyone else. I think their (our) chances with Williams are very decent. It would take a reason and some real thought to go to the trouble add a school "back in." That said, UConn is probably still the leader.
She is a TEEN---it's a wonder she hasn't changed 10 times a day-- when it gets to crunch time--we'll know better then. It is a "heady" position for a teen to be in---"will I allow this top ranked University into my list--or should I exclude this one"---power---limited time power --but the power to allow one team or another to recruit you. HEADY stuff. When the selection is made--everything changes.

Reaction Score
Im not worried at all. I believe shes coming to UConn. As good as she is Geno will find a place for her to play. Shes that good. To play at UConn with UConns roster..well hey, it doesnt get any better then that. UConn has proven over and over again they can win and set records with big post players, against teams that can out talent them. UConn is a dynasty and there is no other in WCBB. The way Geno develops players into a team is second to none and his records prove that. With that said I like CW coming to UConn. She may change her mind but when the dust settles I like her at UConn alot if for nothing more then her work ethic and want to be developed goals. JMO When you work as hard as she does, when you have the want to then its UConn. One point. How many non All Americans have made it as pros either in the WNBA or overseas that are former UConn players? Alot more then any other school. UConn is the top program in WCBB by no mistake and Geno has built one of the Greatest Sports progams in history. I like our chance alot.

What other University can brag about a 3 year bench sitter--now leading a top WNBA team as a guard?? In Men's game, back a few years, UNC, Duke, ND were almost the NBA farm teams
now --Uconn is the WNBA/Europe farm team.
Whether she goes to Uconn or not--the fun of speculation is there--and it's great to see a kid that good playing the game..

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
She is a TEEN---it's a wonder she hasn't changed 10 times a day-- when it gets to crunch time--we'll know better then. It is a "heady" position for a teen to be in---"will I allow this top ranked University into my list--or should I exclude this one"---power---limited time power --but the power to allow one team or another to recruit you. HEADY stuff. When the selection is made--everything changes.
I agree with Broadway. CW's decision where to play may be based on factors other than just weighing the value of competition versus guaranteed playing time. Unless you really know the kid, you can't understand which elements--some which may appear capricious and arbitrary--will prove impactful on her decision.

Reaction Score
She has a fairly low release, maybe a little like Saniya, but Mikayla is really quick and can create space to get her shot off. I like her moves and versatility.
Really liked that video--looked like she was using either hand. What impressed me, along with scoring ability, the kid can pass. At times, with the hesitation, she looked like Moriah. 26 point--pretty bad for Geno--Mikayla, Walker, Danger, ---and 10 others it would appear he will not be lacking firepower this season. Thanks Milford--I liked that

Reaction Score

Oldude---Don't confuse me with LOGIC--plain thinking---my heads made up!!
How can you be wrong or right--it's your opinion--that is owned by you alone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom