Christyn Williams watch intensifies (new ESPNW article) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams watch intensifies (new ESPNW article)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Honestly with either she'll see lots of the other. Plus with either Gabby or Lou she'll see lots of Pheese as well. All's good for me.
Probably not Williams. Usually they have a player who will still be around when the recruit gets to UCONN do the hosting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What???
Just because a player says I want to take an "official" visit to UCONN (or any school) does not mean that UCONN has to accept and pay for that visit.
Shorter version: UCONN can always say no thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just because a player says I want to take an "official" visit to UCONN (or any school) does not mean that UCONN has to accept and pay for that visit.
Sorter version UCONN can always say no thanks.

True, but I would think the school has to offer the official visit.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I hadn't thought of that. They might even end up with a last second loss like they had last season when people wondered how they could play without a traditional post player. Better to go with a school that has a tall player in the lineup because that will ensure an undefeated season.
I hadn't thought of that. They might even end up with a last second loss like they had last season when people wondered how they could play without a traditional post player. Better to go with a school that has a tall player in the lineup because that will ensure an undefeated season.

When was the last time a team won the NCAA championship without a big? In the history of the NCAA championship how many teams have won without a player being at least 6'3" in the starting lineup? How many have won with a player being 6'3" or taller in the starting lineup?

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When was the last time a team won the NCAA championship without a big? In the history of the NCAA championship how many teams have won without a player being at least 6'3" in the starting lineup? How many have won with a player being 6'3" or taller in the starting lineup?
Think we just chopped this up a few weeks ago. Baylor won with Sophia Young who was 6'1" in 2005. Texas A&M won in 2011. UCONN 2004 was also mentioned but not correct because Jessica Moore was 6'3".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
True, but I would think the school has to offer the official visit.
Sort off. The official visit is part of the negotiation but towards the very back end of the recruiting process. Keep in mind that there are numerical limits on both sides. For the school the limit is set by available budget and for the athlete (depending of NCAA Division) is set at 5 for Division I & II and unlimited for Division III. Buy the time official visits get around to being discussed you can be reasonable sure that there is high interest on both sides. I do not believe that UCONN has hosted any official visits from anyone in the class of 2018 yet so budget wise they should be in good shape and I'm betting the budget will be stretched to accommodate a trip to Australia for Ezi.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Shorter version: UCONN can always say no thanks.
You wrote that no school is NOT obligated instead of no school IS obligated. That's why I asked what.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I believe I once heard that schools get a certain number of allowed official visits per year. If that's true then I think it's possible a school could deny an official visit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Christyn,
God asked me to pass this along.

upload_2017-10-10_18-28-38.png

Reaction Score
Think we just chopped this up a few weeks ago. Baylor won with Sophia Young who was 6'1" in 2005. Texas A&M won in 2011. UCONN 2004 was also mentioned but not correct because Jessica Moore was 6'3".
Uconn 2002

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Asjha, Swin and Tamika were (and still are) 6-2. Asjha was listed as F/C.
Jess Moore was a redshirt-freshman on that team and played about 18 mins/game.
USA basketball has Asjha listed as 6'3" for the 2012 Olympic team roster so no wonder I was confused because usually a person shrinks as they get older.
Games of the XXXth Olympiad -- 2012

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Christym Williams: "God please guide me to where I need to be"

Smart girl. She can't go wrong with the answer she'll get from THAT prayer where ever it is. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom