Christyn Williams watch intensifies (new ESPNW article) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams watch intensifies (new ESPNW article)

Reaction Score
I really hope Williams picks uconn, it's been a long time since there has been a highly rated shooting guard in Storrs, unless you count Lou.

Reaction Score
From the article it appears she has emotional relationships with schools other than UCONN or that she was impressed by their recruiting efforts. Nothing mentioned that about a connection to or efforts by UCONN?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Hope that UConn puts the finishing touches on the recruiting effort when she visits here.

I have a feeling that Williams is enjoying her brush with fame and would make a big splash in her freshman year at UConn, really shake it up.

As a lefty, opponents may try to shade her to go to the right. Geno will give her a primer on how to avoid such a sticky situation.

Reaction Score
I think Williams will go to UCONN. IMO, she’s just enjoying and going through the recruiting process.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I see Meg as a SG and possibly SF. Christyn is more of a SG, but could play SF as well in a small lineup.

All the other schools have put on a show for CWill. UConn will take a different approach. She already visited—with Lexi—but Geno will host her for dinner and show her 11 trophies. She’ll bond with the team. Any thoughts on who will be her host—Gabby or Lou??

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I see Meg as a SG and possibly SF. Christyn is more of a SG, but could play SF as well in a small lineup.

All the other schools have put on a show for CWill. UConn will take a different approach. She already visited—with Lexi—but Geno will host her for dinner and show her 11 trophies. She’ll bond with the team. Any thoughts on who will be her host—Gabby or Lou??
Honestly with either she'll see lots of the other. Plus with either Gabby or Lou she'll see lots of Pheese as well. All's good for me.

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Christyn’s mother’s accident remind me of Jayne Appel’s father. He slipped on ice while visiting UConn and broke his leg. Apparently accidents can happen even in sunny Santa Monica.

With all due respect to parents and wanting the best for their children, Jayne Appel's father stands out as a stereotypical "stage parent."

As an example, during the initial part of the recruiting process, Mr. Appel sent 50-question surveys to all of the schools who had sent any sort of mail to his daughter trying to recruit her. The school/coaches were required to complete the questionnaires before continuing with the recruiting process.

I am unsure how many (if any) schools actually completed the questionnaire or if Mr. Appel decided to forego this requirement during recruiting. But let me say that there were a number of coaches left with a bad taste in their mouths regarding Mr. Appel's behavior.

Reaction Score
From the article it appears she has emotional relationships with schools other than UCONN or that she was impressed by their recruiting efforts. Nothing mentioned that about a connection to or efforts by UCONN?

That is also my thinking. Thinking that TX and USC might be the finalists.

Reaction Score
I think Texas and South Carolina end up as her two finalists and she ends up at South Carolina. Hope I am wrong and that she will make her way to Storrs but I just don't have a good feeling about this one.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@Jimbo posted this quick video a while back.

She seems emotionally connected to me. She also called Geno one of the funny people she ever met. One of the very first article ever written about her stated that she demands that her coaches tell her how to get better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
@Jimbo posted this quick video a while back.

She seems emotionally connected to me. She also called Geno one of the funny people she ever met. One of the very first article ever written about her stated that she demands that her coaches tell her how to get better.

If Christyn is 5’11”, then Geno is 6’. Hmmm.

Christyn went to Storrs on her own dime with Lexi. If she’s looking for a coach who is both demanding and funny, no one is better than Geno.

Reaction Score
The most interesting thing I learned from the article is that Christyn's father is named Sherman Williams. But he's not involved in the college selection process. Probably doesn't want to paint her into a corner. ;)
Ugh.

Reaction Score
Well the article did say she didn’t talk about her final two stops, so if she had gone to Uconn already then I’m sure she would have had good things to say as well. I think her final two will be Uconn and USC, with Uconn winning out.

Reaction Score
Well the article did say she didn’t talk about her final two stops, so if she had gone to Uconn already then I’m sure she would have had good things to say as well. I think her final two will be Uconn and USC, with Uconn winning out.
If that is the way it works out, then it would actually be that Chrystin wins out. By choosing UCONN that is the greatest win. Any other choice is choosing second best.

Reaction Score

We can only hope!

Reaction Score
Williams might have better opportunity for playing time and to take on a major role early on at UCONN over Texas. At Texas, her freshman year she'll have to share time with Higgs, Patterson, and Sutton...all players who were top 10 recruits. At UCONN, she'd have to beat out Coombs, Espinoza-Hunter and Gordon to play with Walker/Dangerfield.

UCONN would be fine without her, but adding her would mean having 2 #1 overall recruits on the team which historically puts the odds greatly in UCONN's favor to win it all:
Teams with 2 HS POYs:
95-Sales and Lobo (title)
97-Ralph and Sales (no title)
99-Ralph and Williams (no title)
00-Ralph and Williams (title)
01-Ralph, Williams and Taurasi (no title)
02-Taurasi and Williams (title)
03-Taurasi and Strother (title)
04-Taurasi and Strother (title)
08-Moore and Charles (no title)
09-Moore and Charles (title)
10-Moore and Charles (title)
13-KML and Stewart (title)
14-KML and Stewart (title)
15-KML and Stewart (title)
16-Stewart and KLS (title)

Overall 11/15

In the years where they didn't have 2 HS POYs, (96, 98, 05, 06, 07, 11, 12, 17) they came up short (0-8).

Fortunately for you guys, you'll have 2 more years with Walker/KLS, which means you just need to nab Williams or Brunelle to continue having 2 POYs on the team year in and year out.

Didn't Strother and Brittany Hunter play together for 1 year? like the 06?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
With all due respect to parents and wanting the best for their children, Jayne Appel's father stands out as a stereotypical "stage parent."

As an example, during the initial part of the recruiting process, Mr. Appel sent 50-question surveys to all of the schools who had sent any sort of mail to his daughter trying to recruit her.

Did he happen to work for the Federal government by any chance? Maybe IRS? Department of Labor?

Actually, would have been 100 if he was from DOL.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

As an example, during the initial part of the recruiting process, Mr. Appel sent 50-question surveys to all of the schools who had sent any sort of mail to his daughter trying to recruit her. The school/coaches were required to complete the questionnaires before continuing with the recruiting process.

I am unsure how many (if any) schools actually completed the questionnaire or if Mr. Appel decided to forego this requirement during recruiting. But let me say that there were a number of coaches left with a bad taste in their mouths regarding Mr. Appel's behavior.
So just maybe Mr. Appel didn't actually "slip" when he visited UCONN?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom