Christyn Williams TIK-TOK goes viral | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams TIK-TOK goes viral

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams made a very poignant TIK-TOK about the underlying false equivalence of "All Lives Matter"
See it. Going Viral

and the article also discusses where CW is very happy about the UConn coaching staff's support and how this had brought the team so much closer.

After hearing her teammates voice their opinions and emotions to craft a statement together, Williams now has a deeper appreciation for her team.

"This is a different level of trust. This will build our team camaraderie and our team chemistry just from this alone. I know if she (referring to her teammates) has my back in real life, so I know she will have my back on the court," Williams said. "I now have a different level of respect for my coaching staff and my teammates just from coming through this whole situation."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't believe she is getting hate for it.

Not surprised and it doesn't take a degree in rocket science to know here it's coming from. Some people just have a difficult time imagining what it must feel like to walk in another''s shoes, especially if that other person doesn't look like them. Personally, I'm proud of all our players past and present who take a stand for something they believe in. That takes a lot of courage, especially knowing they'll probably lose some fans in the process, but perhaps gain a few as well.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not surprised and it doesn't take a degree in rocket science to know here it's coming from. Some people just have a difficult time imagining what it must feel like to walk in another''s shoes, especially if that other person doesn't look like them. Personally, I'm proud of all our players past and present who take a stand for something they believe in. That takes a lot of courage, especially knowing they'll probably lose some fans in the process, but perhaps gain a few as well.
It’s easy to spot a racist when they struggle to find false equivalence. I ask them if they are volunteering to be black.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After Megan’s decision to forego her senior year I was concerned that there might be a leadership void with the Huskies this coming season. After watching the video, I can clearly see my concern was unwarranted. Christyn is absolutely ready to lead this team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After Megan’s decision to forego her senior year I was concerned that there might be a leadership void with the Huskies this coming season. After watching the video, I can clearly see my concern was unwarranted. Christyn is absolutely ready to lead this team.

The leadership void would have existed even had Megan chosen to return. I'm hopeful Christyn is ready to lead the team. I like what I've seen so far.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The leadership void would have existed even had Megan chosen to return. I'm hopeful Christyn is ready to lead the team. I like what I've seen so far.

During the AAC tournament, a few of the players posted videos on their IG stories of them in the lobby of the hotel all playing a game. Everyone was gathered around except for Megan. In one angle, you could see her sitting alone, on her phone, across the lobby.

I know every players mentally prepares for a game differently, but when Megan declared, my head when back to those posts. And, like magic, all disappointment I had went away.

Reaction Score
During the AAC tournament, a few of the players posted videos on their IG stories of them in the lobby of the hotel all playing a game. Everyone was gathered around except for Megan. In one angle, you could see her sitting alone, on her phone, across the lobby.

I know every players mentally prepares for a game differently, but when Megan declared, my head when back to those posts. And, like magic, all disappointment I had went away.
Megan coming to UConn was a business decision. She was never going to put a minute more into this program than she had to. That may sound harsh, but everyone has to make the decision best for them and their future. Megan was like the Mookie Betts of the Huskies. My favorite player on last year's team was Kyla. She wanted to be a part of this program and contribute in whatever way she could even if there were many times she never got off the bench.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams made a very poignant TIK-TOK about the underlying false equivalence of "All Lives Matter"
See it. Going Viral

and the article also discusses where CW is very happy about the UConn coaching staff's support and how this had brought the team so much closer.

After hearing her teammates voice their opinions and emotions to craft a statement together, Williams now has a deeper appreciation for her team.

"This is a different level of trust. This will build our team camaraderie and our team chemistry just from this alone. I know if she (referring to her teammates) has my back in real life, so I know she will have my back on the court," Williams said. "I now have a different level of respect for my coaching staff and my teammates just from coming through this whole situation."

Thank you for posting. This story speaks very highly of the UConn program.

The day before the statement by the UConn players was released on twitter and IG, I had texted a few fellow Boneyarders that I thought Geno needed to issue a statement on what was going on. As it turned out I was completely wrong. Geno knew that the best response was to empower his team, comprised mostly of African American women, to find their voice and put words to what they were thinking and feeling. The program's response so far, most notably Christyn Williams, has been really impressive.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Megan coming to UConn was a business decision. She was never going to put a minute more into this program than she had to.
Thumbs Down on Google Android 10.0 March 2020 Feature Drop

Reaction Score
I didn't see this posted but thought it was well worth sharing. Obviously, Kyla stands firmly with Christyn and all of her other former teammates that are speaking up and acting in the fight for equality and policing reform.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Megan coming to UConn was a business decision. She was never going to put a minute more into this program than she had to......

A seriously inappropriate post.

Last year Megan Walker did all the dirty work on defense, mostly giving away 2, 3 or 4 inches and was very successful at it. Then, went as a high draft pick with her outside shooting a big adder. She definitely deserves better than this unfounded slur.

For shame...

Reaction Score
Megan coming to UConn was a business decision. She was never going to put a minute more into this program than she had to. That may sound harsh, but everyone has to make the decision best for them and their future. Megan was like the Mookie Betts of the Huskies. My favorite player on last year's team was Kyla. She wanted to be a part of this program and contribute in whatever way she could even if there were many times she never got off the bench.

This post makes little sense. The evidence (and results) suggests that Megan worked very hard at UConn. And Mookie Betts as a negative comparison? He did everything right while in Boston, including winning a WS and MVP. And he didn’t trade himself. We should hope that every player that comes to UConn is a Mookie Betts.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Outside the brilliant use of sarcasm, her acting and facial gestures are spot on.
Yea, I thought it was really cute.

Reaction Score
Without going to deep into it, Yes they matter and there is a lot trying to be done about it by certain groups, police and community leaders/activists. You just have to do more research if you think everyone is just sitting on the sidelines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom