Christyn Williams is in Edmonton for 3x3 tournament | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams is in Edmonton for 3x3 tournament

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I know Satou Sabally was born in the US but claims German Nationality due to her German mother and growing up there. At 6' 4" with her stroke and translatable skills she would have the potential to be one of the best 3x3 players in the world should she give it a go. Being born in the US would she be eligible to switch to repping the USA?
Do Germany and US both allow dual nationality. US does with some countries, like Canada. If she renounced US citizenship she would have to unrenounce. Process can be slow, as in months. Funny how these things can go quicker for elite athletes though. I suspect there are FIBA and USA Sports regs on this too.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Cat a question for you. A nit perhaps but CW tends to get her off arm/hand up in anticipation of her drive and makes first contact before the defender has moved. Do you see that too and is it an issue?

Reaction Score
I know Satou Sabally was born in the US but claims German Nationality due to her German mother and growing up there. At 6' 4" with her stroke and translatable skills she would have the potential to be one of the best 3x3 players in the world should she give it a go. Being born in the US would she be eligible to switch to repping the USA?

I think you can represent different countries in 3x3 and 5x5 basketball, but I have not heard of anyone trying it. When Oregon had trouble figuring out who to add to their Ionescu-Hebard duo since I guess Boley was unavailable, I joked that they should add Satou.

Her being born here actually does have some interesting rules implications elsewhere. She was not eligible for the WNBA draft as an international so she had to play by American rules even if she had decided to turn pro instead of going to Oregon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
General roundup of the 3 x 3 Edmonton stop and the 3 x 3 tournaments in general

Williams was the top scorer at the Edmonton Final Stop with 34 total points in four games, accounting for roughly 47 percent of the U.S. scoring. The team fell in the championship round to Canada, 19-17.

Over the course of the season, which began in late May, Williams traveled to Chengdu, China; Turin, Italy; Ekaterinburg, Russia; Voiron, France; and Edmonton, Canada; appearing in 21 of the U.S.’s 27 games and scoring 130 of the team’s 440 overall points — or 6.2 points per game. She shot 45 percent from “one-point range” (inside the arc) and 34 percent from beyond it, while also collecting 5.2 rebounds per game.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
General roundup of the 3 x 3 Edmonton stop and the 3 x 3 tournaments in general

Williams was the top scorer at the Edmonton Final Stop with 34 total points in four games, accounting for roughly 47 percent of the U.S. scoring. The team fell in the championship round to Canada, 19-17.

Over the course of the season, which began in late May, Williams traveled to Chengdu, China; Turin, Italy; Ekaterinburg, Russia; Voiron, France; and Edmonton, Canada; appearing in 21 of the U.S.’s 27 games and scoring 130 of the team’s 440 overall points — or 6.2 points per game. She shot 45 percent from “one-point range” (inside the arc) and 34 percent from beyond it, while also collecting 5.2 rebounds per game.

But how DARE she not go to Montreal, too. :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Do Germany and US both allow dual nationality. US does with some countries, like Canada. If she renounced US citizenship she would have to unrenounce. Process can be slow, as in months. Funny how these things can go quicker for elite athletes though. I suspect there are FIBA and USA Sports regs on this too.
My son was born in the US, but was also a German citizen due to his Mom being a German citizen and working for the German government while I was stationed in the D.C. area. He had to claim which citizenship he was going to be at age 18 due to the German military inscription, he chose the U.S.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom