Christyn - player of the week | The Boneyard

Christyn - player of the week

Reaction Score
UConn's Williams is espnW's player of the week

"I didn't do much in that first half, but we had someone step up and do something really big for us," said senior Katie Lou Samuelson, who was scoreless in the first 20 minutes before finishing with 15 points. "We gained a lot of trust tonight in our young guys. They just played exactly how they wanted to. I felt we were pretty composed throughout the game."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma master button pusher-again! In the interview before the ND game Geno said something along the lines: All these Freshmen nationally (he was talking about MCBB mostly) that are creating so much buzz , I'm just wondering when Christyn is going to create some of that.

CW to Geno: How you like me now?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts after yesterday's game:

1. I don't know if Geno was just giddy because the game went better than he anticipated, but it seems to me that the language he used comparing last year's loss to yesterday's game seems reminiscent to "We have Diana and you don't." If he is seeing the same depth of quality in Williams that was in Taurasi, Moore, Steward, etc., then I feel really good about the rest of this year and beyond.

2) Beyond how well Williams did, I was really excited about Megan Walker's game. Her improvement from last year is significant. She played 35 minutes, had the second fewest personal fouls of any Husky, had the second highest number of rebounds (8) and scored in double digits.

If Williams and Walker are this consistently good, and ONO continues her strong play off the bench, we should be in for a good run this year.

And though not a factor in yesterday's game, it feels like the rest of the bench is also improved from last year.

Reaction Score
Might have missed this at the end.

Also nominated: Napheesa Collier (UConn); Chandler Smith (Gonzaga)

Saw that. Completely emblematic of Pheesa's career. Does any amazing job, and quietly fall just below the headline. She didn't play her best game yesterday, but was still a dominant presences. Fought for every rebound and out rebounded the Notre Dame bigs - combined!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saw that. Completely emblematic of Pheesa's career. Does any amazing job, and quietly fall just below the headline. She didn't play her best game yesterday, but was still a dominant presences. Fought for every rebound and out rebounded the Notre Dame bigs - combined!
If not for foul trouble, Phee would have had a 20-20 game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom