Christyn & Geno | The Boneyard

Christyn & Geno

Reaction Score

"Players" want to be coached.
Geno has not changed his (highly successful) M.O. in all these years.
The foundation being (in my opinion), his caring approach. Most of his players (at least upon reflection) will admit to an attraction to that.
He cares for the game, his staff, and his players. This, I believe, is his true heart and center.
"They won't care what you know, unless they know that you care"!
That care greatly outweighs and surpasses those exterior glares and stares.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The best teachers I ever had were always the toughest. It took me a long time to appreciate that fact.
I used to complain to my high school teachers - why did they give me B’s? One teacher told me I was capable of doing better and that I was coasting, and he was right. I had to smile when the same thing happened to my oldest son when he was in 4th grade.

Reaction Score
I used to complain to my high school teachers - why did they give me B’s? One teacher told me I was capable of doing better and that I was coasting, and he was right. I had to smile when the same thing happened to my oldest son when he was in 4th grade.

I was guilty of the same thing :)

Reaction Score
Just a follow up - my son had all A’s but one B (team grade) in college. He’s now an engineer and makes more money than me at age 27.
That seems to be par for the course for most of us. I told my daughter 26, she makes the same amount it took me 26 years to make lol. I’m expecting really nice Christmas presents!

Reaction Score
Quick question for all you knowledgeable members. When a student enters the portal, does that mean they have officially left their team? Geno says that last year they had 1000 students in the portal and only 350 Division I teams. That probably means there are a lot of kids who gave up their scholarship for nothing.

Reaction Score
You might be right but they made a soldier out of me from Ft. Dix, NJ.
That’s where I did my Basic. I seriously doubt anyone in my company became a good soldier as a result of that training. We were still in WW2 mode; the very next cycle Basic was totally revamped to respond to the slaughter that was going on in Vietnam.

Reaction Score
I took a poetry course freshman year in college. When I took a second course the next semester, I wrote a great paper and got a B. "Last semester's work is not enough this semester. You want A's again, work harder." Dr. Bogel. I'll never forget (that was 1972).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You might be right but they made a soldier out of me from Ft. Dix, NJ.
That’s where I did my Basic. I seriously doubt anyone in my company became a good soldier as a result of that training. We were still in WW2 mode; the very next cycle Basic was totally revamped to respond to the slaughter that was going on in Vietnam.
My Dad turns 80 in May and I just found this from his basic training days at Ft. Dix. I don't think he even remembers this and plan on giving it to him on his Birthday. Thank you both for your service.

1648840797324.png

Reaction Score
The best teachers I ever had were always the toughest. It took me a long time to appreciate that fact.
Unfortunately, most teachers aren't allowed to be that anymore. That is why I left. Broke my heart.

Reaction Score
Quick question for all you knowledgeable members. When a student enters the portal, does that mean they have officially left their team? Geno says that last year they had 1000 students in the portal and only 350 Division I teams. That probably means there are a lot of kids who gave up their scholarship for nothing.
I think it means a lot of kids end up in Division 2 or 3, scholarship or no scholarship, basketball or no basketball… sometimes life is the survival of the fittest.

Reaction Score
Glad you had a good experience. My DIs in Basic were sadistic idiots.
Wasn’t good until it was over but appreciated the hard ones who pushed me through.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom