Christian Vital | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is still around - was at the spring concert - but he is definitely one foot out the door. Bungy is just one of those people that fun and positiveness just follows around. Laugh if you want but yes that's hard to replace.
You've called him "Bungy" like four different times now. If you're going to pretend to know someone at least get their name right.

Reaction Score
I don't get how each of us idiots and our brother has a source. Our staff must have the loosest lips around.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't get how each of us idiots and our brother has a source. Our staff must have the loosest lips around.
Is it that hard to comprehend that maybe die hard UConn fans might know someone inside the program? Many people here are former UConn alum, who could have easily met/befriended people in the athletic department. Personally I think most 'insiders' are people that know someone who knows someone inside the athletic department. Most people don't get info from the horses mouth, like myself, which is why "insiders" are sometimes wrong. Cause sometimes their source doesn't get a recent enough update from the person before something different happens. Think about just how many people are in our athletic department, now picture how many friends, family, and co workers they have. Info is more than capable of spreading around, and that doesn't mean it will always be 100% accurate. I used to think like you, I used to call out our "insiders," but really it's not that crazy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Bunky is nowhere near as crucial as Chief is making him out to be. His continued harping on this point is just proof of the ridiculous vendetta Chief has against KO for not being Calhoun/reducing the amount of influence he has.

Reaction Score
Guys! Cut Chief some slack! None of you must remember the party he and Andre threw last summer on Alterique's visit! The but more importantly Bunk's dance moves sealed the deal for us!!!!!!!!!!!
Chief_Andre_Bunk_1.jpg

Reaction Score
Saw the headline for an article behind a paywall that says Vital is visiting his "ideal" school in Louisville. No idea if that's a quote or what the author sees as a good fit for him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bunky is nowhere near as crucial as Chief is making him out to be. His continued harping on this point is just proof of the ridiculous vendetta Chief has against KO for not being Calhoun/reducing the amount of influence he has.

Influence?

Reaction Score
According to Oz, Vital himself said Louisville is his ideal school. Looking more and more like NEXT! Time to turn up the heat on MAL.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
According to Oz, Vital himself said Louisville is his ideal school. Looking more and more like NEXT! Time to turn up the heat on MAL.

I'll wait for the coaching staff to say next before I do. But you do you, bro...

Reaction Score
Oz was repeating what was in the article which is Louisville slanted FYI.

Reaction Score
Oz was repeating what was in the article which is Louisville slanted FYI.

OK gotcha. I think if Vital goes on the visit to Louisville, he's all theirs. Ollie somehow needs to find a way to get a commitment before then.

C

Chief00

what are you talking about? Even by your standards this is inane.

Thanks for the opportunity to educate. What I mean is recruits follow their hearts - if you have to convince them that what they feel is illegitimate or wrong - you most likely lose.

Bunky had a way of getting that feeling naturally on our side so other schools would have to fight that losing battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
OK gotcha. I think if Vital goes on the visit to Louisville, he's all theirs. Ollie somehow needs to find a way to get a commitment before then.
When did this weird theory that "if he goes on another official visit he's definitely not coming here!" start exactly?

Because over the years UConn has gotten plenty of guys who went on other visits after they visited UConn. And conversely, UConn has lost out on plenty of guys who visited UConn after their visit to the school they eventually went to.

C

Chief00

You've called him "Bungy" like four different times now. If you're going to pretend to know someone at least get their name right.
Yes my phone auto corrects wrong sometimes without me noticing - you have won that battle - it's Bunky Snead

C

Chief00

This from a guy who thinks weed should be criminal.
I don't think it should be criminal but neither am I in favor of legalizing it. This is very unpopular with many of you and even my friends - who want it stamped 100% legal. As a parent - I don't believe that's the right place. I do think it can be a gateway drug and it can impact people's ambition. Should be treated as a traffic infraction - doesn't mess up someone's record on job applications, etc.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm 90% sure Bunky isn't even a student. He's squatting at SCJr's dorm and while he is good at basketball, the dude isn't exactly a great guy. Anyone who's actually interacted with him knows this.

Losing Bunky will actually help our program. And if someone leaves because Bunky left then that person is delusional.

So no Chief, your incorrect opinion/thesis on "Bunky Effect" is incorrect. Please go directly to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $200.

-----

I think if Vital goes UL on visit, we got an outside shot. But if he doesn't commit during that visit our chances go up significantly. Hope KO is in his ear and Chief is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom