Christian Vital | The Boneyard

Christian Vital

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Kid has guts. I don't care if we're playing Cincinnati in a crucial conference game, we're up 20 against Tulane, or it's an October exhibition. This kid lays it all out on the court.

As frustrating as watching tonight's game was, I realized that we're getting three more years of Vital, and that alone got me giddy. This kid has a good chance to become my all-time favorite husky.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Kid has guts. I don't care if we're playing Cincinnati in a crucial conference game, we're up 20 against Tulane, or it's an October exhibition. This kid lays it all out on the court.

As frustrating as watching tonight's game was, I realized that we're getting three more years of Vital, and that alone got me giddy. This kid has a good chance to become my all-time favorite husky.

I hear he’s a PTP’er.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is what 5’9”? Defense against bigger guards could be a problem. Last night #24 Cartwright torched him a couple times which will happen but that is quite a small lineup.

Reaction Score
Gilbert will be a stud. Its his first real game against top competition in a long long time. The first two games last year was against weak comp even though we lost he was still a superior athlete to those players but last night was first time he faced this type of team. The problem is him and Adams do not click together at all yet.

Vital to me is instant offense off the bench. Sure he played well the last ten minutes but before that he took some really really bad three's that lead to easy baskets and he drove to the hole one time and missed the basket altogether. He plays hard and is our best shooter but we need two ballhandlers in the game at all times and Vital is no ballhandler.

Reaction Score
Ollie has to find a way to get Vital in the starting lineup. Adams, Gilbert, Vital, and Cobb should be definite starters. Likely Larrier at the 4 although we could have rebounding trouble with him at the 4.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gilbert is what 5’9”? Defense against bigger guards could be a problem. Last night #24 Cartwright torched him a couple times which will happen but that is quite a small lineup.
It’s because he’s lazy or lost on defense. Bazz boat and kemba were great defenders and they were always the smallest on the court

Reaction Score
Gilbert will be a stud. Its his first real game against top competition in a long long time. The first two games last year was against weak comp even though we lost he was still a superior athlete to those players but last night was first time he faced this type of team. The problem is him and Adams do not click together at all yet.

Vital to me is instant offense off the bench. Sure he played well the last ten minutes but before that he took some really really bad three's that lead to easy baskets and he drove to the hole one time and missed the basket altogether. He plays hard and is our best shooter but we need two ballhandlers in the game at all times and Vital is no ballhandler.

He is a good defender though.

Reaction Score
It’s because he’s lazy or lost on defense. Bazz boat and kemba were great defenders and they were always the smallest on the court

But Bazz and Boat were not always good defenders. Especially Boat. They learned to play defense at UConn.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
This team may have rebounding troubles but is probably our best option to start the year.
Cobb seemed to have a good nose for the ball in his limited minutes. Larrier also hunted some boards pretty well. I think that lineup will be fine.

Reaction Score
Best lineup of the night in my opinion was when Adams, Gilbert, Vital, Polley, and Diarra were together for a brief stint
I don't think we can start 3 guards effectively because the other 2 players don't rebound well enough.
Best lineup of the night in my opinion was when Adams, Gilbert, Vital, Polley, and Diarra were together for a brief stint
I don't think we can start 3 guards effectively because the other 2 players don't rebound well enough.

Reaction Score
Great part about vital is he wont take an ego blow if he DOES come off the bench. Hes worthy of 25+ minutes ajd knows it.

Ive raved about this kid all summer. Hes the kind of kid that makes a program great. No real flash, just plays the game and outworks more naturally talented guys day in and day out.

If he gives us 12/3/3 I would be ecstatic.

Reaction Score
Great part about vital is he wont take an ego blow if he DOES come off the bench. Hes worthy of 25+ minutes ajd knows it.

Ive raved about this kid all summer. Hes the kind of kid that makes a program great. No real flash, just plays the game and outworks more naturally talented guys day in and day out.

If he gives us 12/3/3 I would be ecstatic.

Yeah, I think Vital is the perfect 6th man.

Also, as far as the stats you gave, I would love to see Vital average 12 points and 3 assists, but I am positive that he is going to average more than 3 rebounds per game. He averaged 3.5 rebounds last year, and that was as a freshman playing with a whole lot of 6'10" - 7' guys on his team.

Reaction Score

If you say it a third time maybe even I can understand it.

Reaction Score
If they start 3 guards and that's their best lineup then CV will be in it. If they only go with 2 then CV's best impact will be our first guard off the bench or our "6th man" - just fits the bill so much better. It fits him, his personality, his passion, aggressiveness and no fear attitude coming in to light some fires. I mean Alterique will hopefully get better and he and Jalen will gel giving them the opportunity to have such an important piece to come off the bench and still get starters minutes. Add what I heard about Anderson they have a nice backcourt. Just need to get some kids in the front court some game time to see who's going to step up as well as Larrier to get his game legs back. Heard good things from Polley he could sneak in some solid minutes too if he can rebound a little more.

Reaction Score
Start Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Larrier and Cobb.
Does anyone have a height check on Cobb. Looked way shorter than his listed 6'9. Not sure if that's just because everyone else on the court is lanky, but he looked shorter than Larrier who's listed at 6'8

Reaction Score
Don't wish to hurt any other guard's feelings but Jalen and Vital should be on the floor as long as they can stand up. Screw the 6th man stuff. We want to be 10 points down when we bring him in at 16:10 mark? We saw that all last year.

Reaction Score
Don't wish to hurt any other guard's feelings but Jalen and Vital should be on the floor as long as they can stand up. Screw the 6th man stuff. We want to be 10 points down when we bring him in at 16:10 mark? We saw that all last year.

If they're going to be really good or good at all Alterique will need to be that McD AA guard we thought we were getting, both health wise and as a player. He's more dynamic, can handle the ball twice as good and should eventually help Jalen by feeding off each other. CV while a great get and a super tough kid, is catch and shoot, dribble hard and straight and bring energy. You can screw the 6th man crap all you want, but you'll be down 10 anyway if AG doesn't come as advertised. I seem to remember CV was part of that last year anyway so why is he the better starter?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom